Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tie Rod Reccomendations

Old 03-23-2018, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I went with the Ruff Stuff TR as well, due to price. My wheeling doesn't involve rocks. Mostly snow, fire trails, and sand dunes. The Ruff Stuff tie rod has worked well for me for the price. If I needed something better that could handle some pounding I'ld go with the SteerSmarts or Synergy but those are obviously more expensive which I haven't found the need for with my uses.

The Ruff stuff didn't need any knuckle drilling or additional welding. The one thing of note is that if you're like me and dislike rusty parts, you may want to paint the Ruff Stuff TR prior to install. They are bare metal out of the box, ie no rust protection. I painted mine after install, after I saw the surface rust starting to form.

Quick Reply: Tie Rod Reccomendations