Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire carrier question

Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aftahour
If the $$ is the reason from the wifey. A cheaper way would be the tf hinge upgrade 499.99
Definitely a solid choice

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went to 35's and my spare would not fit on the stock mount. I looked at the TF Kit. It has two parts to it. The tire mount and hinge. I called TF and spoke to a rep and he told me a lot about the system. I ended up just getting the tire mount at a local 4x4 shop for $200. With all of the different adjustments my tire fits snug on the tailgate. No rattles at all. I'm saving up to get the hinge.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toxicity_27
I ran my 35 on the stock carrier for around 11000 miles. I hated every minute of it, because I could see it bounce around when I hit the bumps in the road, and it rattled to no end. Put the TF carrier on, and everything is great again.
Originally Posted by meschwenk
I just went to 35's and my spare would not fit on the stock mount. I looked at the TF Kit. It has two parts to it. The tire mount and hinge. I called TF and spoke to a rep and he told me a lot about the system. I ended up just getting the tire mount at a local 4x4 shop for $200. With all of the different adjustments my tire fits snug on the tailgate. No rattles at all. I'm saving up to get the hinge.
Good info... I know I wanted the adjustable TF mount to get my tire pushed up against the tailgate, but wasn't 100% sure I wanted to drop the extra money for the hinge.

Right now I have my 35 w/ 15inch alloy mounted on the stock carrier. I extended the bumpstops and I don't get any rattle but at certain angles it looks funny sticking out so far b/c of the 3.75inch back spacing. I think I will just get adjustable peice and if I end up hearing any rattle down the road I will buy the hinge since that seems to fix the rattling problem according to toxicity.

Quick Reply: Tire carrier question