Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire size & Axel Question

Old 02-09-2008, 04:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to give you an idea how NOT to beat your stuff up, I was backing up in 4lo with lockers on trying to pull a tree out of the way on rocks and i busted the stub shaft on the passanger side of my Dana 44. A stub shaft is the shaft between the U-joint in the front axle that you can see and the wheel. I am still running the stock BFG MT KM DT's in 32x10.

Kat
Old 02-09-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BackInBlack
You will not have any problems running the D30 and D44 with 35's and 4.10 gears as long as you don't run the sh!^ out of it. Just like nc07jk said the people that have broke running that set-up were hard on the go pedal. You can be stock and break if you are wide open through all the trails. The D44 will take 35's with no problems, the D30 is what you have to watch. The D30 in the JK's is much stronger than the previous version. If you are going to upgrade anything with the front end, I would suggest upgrading the axles, the diff shoud be fine. I hope this helps.
no to hi jack thread, but i have an 07 "X" w/4.10 option, so i am assuming i have the d30 not the d44 correct?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nc07jk
no to hi jack thread, but i have an 07 "X" w/4.10 option, so i am assuming i have the d30 not the d44 correct?
Yes, only Rubicons get the D44 front.

Quick Reply: Tire size & Axel Question