Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire Size Question?

Old 07-04-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tire Size Question?

Hello, I'm new to this forum and to the Jeep world! I just bought my very first Jk wrangler X with the C package. I was wondering what is the largest size tire I can put on my X without any rubbing and without doing any lifts yet. Also, i'm not looking to go off road yet, mostly main road driving. In the future I would ultimately want 33's or 35's. I love that beefy powerful look. However I have 3.21 ratio, is that possible without switching gears? Thanks to all that help.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by synchromeg
Hello, I'm new to this forum and to the Jeep world! I just bought my very first Jk wrangler X with the C package. I was wondering what is the largest size tire I can put on my X without any rubbing and without doing any lifts yet. Also, i'm not looking to go off road yet, mostly main road driving. In the future I would ultimately want 33's or 35's. I love that beefy powerful look. However I have 3.21 ratio, is that possible without switching gears? Thanks to all that help.
You can fit 285/75/16 which is a 33" with no lift. If you are not planning on hard off roading, there are many people running 33" here stock. The 33 is the largest I would go with the 3.21s, 35s would sap the power and acceleration.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: tire size question?

Thanks for your answers, much appreciated! one more question for anyone? what's the largest size tire I should run if I do want to go off roading, no rocks, just mud/dirt etc....?
Old 07-04-2007, 04:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stick with a 32 if you don't lift it and want no rubbing. That's what comes stock on a Rubicon. The 265/75/16 works perfect!

Quick Reply: Tire Size Question?