Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire/spacer mount question

Old 06-20-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Rub with daily driving

Originally Posted by donnie
Beau, how do the tires work for you not having a lift?
Any rubbing issues?
Iv got the spacers and was going to run them with the stock tires until I can get new ones.
Thanks.
I have no rubbing whatsoever with daily driving, but I have yet to disconnect. I am almost positive I will knock my fenders off if I disconnect and get full articulation.

As a comment from an earlier post:
If the Spidertrax spacers came with Red loctite, use the red. I didn't go the Spidertrax route, so I had to choose. You will definitely have to use some elbow grease to get those off, though.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget the retainer clip removal!

A tire place around here did put my spacers on and mounted my tires. I wanted to save the same hassle you are talking about.

But they did not use the locktite provided and did not remove the retainer clip.. Give yourself the piece of mind and put them on yourself!

End result is I had to jack it up and do it anway..
Old 06-20-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

I went to 5 different tire places to get my tires and spidertrax mounted. After 5 rejections, I spent an hour with the jack, screwdriver,impact wrench and torque wrench and did it myself. It is simple. Just do it yourself.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Good Reminder

Originally Posted by Deere_Jeep
Don't forget the retainer clip removal!

A tire place around here did put my spacers on and mounted my tires. I wanted to save the same hassle you are talking about.

But they did not use the locktite provided and did not remove the retainer clip.. Give yourself the piece of mind and put them on yourself!

End result is I had to jack it up and do it anway..
I am assuming you haven't gone back for additional work

Good call on the retainer clips.....Forgot about mentioning those. I used a flat head screwdriver to turn the "teeth" outwards and then they come right off.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IV heard that if you got the tires and rims from 4 Wheel.com, if they sell it, they will install it.
Might be worth checking into.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

are the retaining clips the washer shaped things that are almost flush with the axle that you have to pop off before you install the spacer?
Old 06-20-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Retaining Clips

Originally Posted by JeepJk1
are the retaining clips the washer shaped things that are almost flush with the axle that you have to pop off before you install the spacer?
Yes they are

Quick Reply: Tire/spacer mount question