Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AT tires

Old 10-14-2009, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AT tires

wasn't sure where to put this, but im finally lookin for some new tires! 31 or maybe even 33's with no lift. most likely go with 32's if i can find a good price for the size.

i've been lookin for some aggresive looking AT's, and what i've come up with are either GY's duratrac's, some Toyo AT's, or some Procomp Xtreme MT's...not sure. leaning towards the procomps, but i really need some At's. keep in mind there's no lift. atleast not for a while.

I'll be doing mostly highway driving, and lots of rain. lots of snow too. if anyone has any recommendations as to which tire i should get, keeping in mind size, cost, and where im driving, it would be greatly appreciated. doesn't have to be the tires i listed either.

no real wheeling, other than trail driving, and snow driving up to the pass for some boarding. thanks in advance!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Since you get a little bit of rain up that way.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/pro-comp-xtreme-t-excessive-hydroplaning-105236/

The DuraTrac would have made my short list if it were available at the time I bought. Looks good for an AT.

I have had BFG AT's, Procomp AT's (not the xtreme's) and now Nitto Terra Grapplers. Didn't notice much difference on dry roads or on the trails between the three, but for wet/icy traction I like the Terra's. The procomps wore down quicker than the bfg's, but were less expensive so guess it balances out. (not enough miles on the terra's to compare)

Also, the Terra's were quite a bit less expensive than any of the other semi-aggressive looking AT's at the time, which is what finally talked me into them.

Check this one also
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/dick-cepek-fc2-observations-105260/

And this is a MT, but might be worth a look
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=dunlop+maxx

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-14-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Goodyear DuraTrac

I have the DuraTrac on mine, and love them. They are a very aggressive looking tire for an AT, and I do not think they are very noisy at all on the highway.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely consider BFG KOs. Great tread life, very good dry traction, quiet and good wet handling. However, IMO, their performance in loose snow is average, as opposed to snow buildup on a highway where you can cut through to the solid surface where they do perform well.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the Dick cepek FC-II's or the Mickey T's ATZ's. I had great luck with the FC-II's, aggressive looking, quiet, great wearing and great in the mud, snow & sand.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the 265 75 16 (32") Duratracs on mine. Couldn't be happier.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Look at the Dick cepek FC-II's or the Mickey T's ATZ's. I had great luck with the FC-II's, aggressive looking, quiet, great wearing and great in the mud, snow & sand.
X2 on the FC IIs.

Photo by Highrlr
Old 10-14-2009, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by asuperhero
wasn't sure where to put this, but im finally lookin for some new tires! 31 or maybe even 33's with no lift. most likely go with 32's if i can find a good price for the size.

i've been lookin for some aggresive looking AT's, and what i've come up with are either GY's duratrac's, some Toyo AT's, or some Procomp Xtreme MT's...not sure. leaning towards the procomps, but i really need some At's. keep in mind there's no lift. atleast not for a while.

I'll be doing mostly highway driving, and lots of rain. lots of snow too. if anyone has any recommendations as to which tire i should get, keeping in mind size, cost, and where im driving, it would be greatly appreciated. doesn't have to be the tires i listed either.

no real wheeling, other than trail driving, and snow driving up to the pass for some boarding. thanks in advance!

The Procomp xtreme AT's look really good, not sure is they still have the buy 3 get 1 or not!! very aggressive looking AT, worth looking into
Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
X2 on the FC IIs.

Photo by Highrlr
Nice pic mark, which all your pics are
Old 10-14-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you aren't planning on offroading it much, then I'd say Revos. Revos have excellent road manners and really excell on wet pavement and in the snow/ice. If you are planning on doing much serious offroading, then Duratracs. Don't get me wrong, the Revos do great offroad, better than any A/T I've run (including BFG A/Ts), but the Duratracs have stronger sidewalls. I never blew out a sidewall on one, but I have heard of people having issues with their sidewalls on the rocks out west.

Quick Reply: AT tires