Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tom Woods Drive Shaft Question

Old 02-14-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom Woods Drive Shaft Question

when i buy the TW drive shaft for up front. what else do i HAVE to buy to run the new shaft. or does it come good to go. put it in and dive? i will be having someone do the work.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ckmehl
when i buy the TW drive shaft for up front. what else do i HAVE to buy to run the new shaft. or does it come good to go. put it in and dive? i will be having someone do the work.
why are you replacing your front shaft on a stock JK?

Originally Posted by planman
I am sure that if you order it over the phone, they will answer your questions.

Although not yet a sponsor here, Tom is a generous sponsor of many 4x4 clubs and events nationwide. He is a real class act.
I've used Tom Woods driveshafts in my TJ, good guy and good customer service.

I did switch to JE reel on my JK, also a good guy to deal with.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Default what about

how are the JE Reel 1310 HD's. do they come with everything needed to install and go.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ckmehl
how are the JE Reel 1310 HD's. do they come with everything needed to install and go.
yes, they have different options on using stock flanges or buying new yokes
Old 02-14-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom Woods driveshaft comes with everything you need. If you order it you have to ask with yokes and TW includes the nuts on to of if.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

every thing comes with it
Old 03-06-2009, 02:16 AM
JK Freak

i need a new front driveshaftas well om my lifted 2 dr x whicdsh has a torn boot
i had the rear replaced with a tom woods by my local 4x4 shop due to pinion angle n stuff and was wondering if the front was a direct bolt on and if there is anything like pinion angle or control arm setttings to worry about can it be done by someone with some mechanical skills? i did install my lift with front n rear adjustable trac bars as well as relocate the evap canister. i have a manual 2 dr x.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

I love my woody shafts I have been using Woody's on all my vehicles for years and they have always served me well. Their customer service, and quality of their works are top notch.

I would be more than happy to answer some of your questions.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

I hate hijacking threads, but I thought the OP may benefit from my question as well - although I'm not sure what size lift he's running.

I have a 4-door 6-spd and will be running a 3" Teraflex lift with full flexarms. I know my rear driveshaft will be fine, but I want to replace my front with a Tom Woods driveshaft. What exactly should I order? I was on the website and it looks like I need to measure and count the splines and provide them with all the details. Although I am mechanically inclined and can install a product given detailed instructions, I don't know much about the specs.

Is there a standard length for a front driveshaft of a 4-door 6-spd JK with a 3" lift kit that probably yields closer to 4" of actual lift? How about splines, joints, boots, and all the other options Tom Woods requires me to provide him with?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

i wonder if one should go with 1310 or 1350 woods front drive shaft - there's quite a price difference

Quick Reply: Tom Woods Drive Shaft Question