Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tom Woods Drive Shaft Question

Old 08-28-2016, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TweakJK
My tom woods 1310 front was the first thing I did to my jeep 4 years ago. I thought that I would have to replace it, or at least the front slip yoke with a 1350 after going to tons, ARB's, and sticky 40" trepadors. It's been holding up great.

My point is, dont buy into the "if you wheel it hard, you have to get a 1350" I put my driveshaft through more abuse than most, and it's holding up great. Literally all I have done was grease the ujoints every 6 months.

Honestly the only reason I went with a 1350 rear is because nobody makes a 1310 yoke for a 14 bolt.
You having deep axle gearing helps take a lot of stress off your DS also. There's a formula one of the DS manufacturers uses on their website to calculate what size joints you should get. Part of the equation is your axle gearing, the higher the gearing the lesser the joint you need. That said I have 5.13 gears on 37's and a 1310 front shaft never had an issue from it and am well within the limits of their formula for a 1310.

Last edited by Biginboca; 08-28-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Tom Woods Drive Shaft Question