Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tools Needed for TF coil lift install?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tools Needed for TF coil lift install?

Is there a tools list out there for a TF coil lift with adapters install.....I will be attempting this this weekend and want to make sure I'm ready.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Here is a list

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

It is for the TF 2.5 BB with adapters but it should be very similar if not the same.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont forget beer and friends!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Which size springs are you installing? I believe the 2.5 inch springs go in pretty easy but you will probably need a spring compressor for the 3 inch+ springs.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
dont forget beer and friends!
Oh gosh...beer was the first thing I purchased....as for friends, I have a father and maybe a few forum members to supervise this circus...lol

Originally Posted by jkJason
Which size springs are you installing? I believe the 2.5 inch springs go in pretty easy but you will probably need a spring compressor for the 3 inch+ springs.
I got the 2.5 coil lift kit so I assume the springs are 2.5in.....no?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they slide right in... EASY install
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

OK....I may have a problem....

The tire shop called and said my tires are in. I have the new wheels waiting for the tires but the shop needs the tire pressure sensors from the stock wheels so they can complete my new setup. The problem is need to put the lift on before I put tires and I need to put tires on before the lift....get it...I know, me neither.

SO, here is the question. Can I install the lift and ride with the stock wheels up to the shop (2 miles) WITHOUT spacers. TF said I need spacers to run stock wheels with the TF 2.5 coil lift.

Another option is to take my stock wheels off the JK and take them to the shop with the new wheels and have them do all that....all while the jk sits at home on blocks waiting for me to put the lift on this weekend.

Thanks guys

Last edited by Dstack701; 09-03-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dstack701
OK....I may have a problem....

The tire shop called and said my tires are in. I have the new wheels waiting for the tires but the shop needs the tire pressure sensors from the stock wheels so they can complete my new setup. The problem is need to put the lift on before I put tires and I need to put tires on before the lift....get it...I know, me neither.

SO, here is the question. Can I install the lift and ride with the stock wheels up to the shop (2 miles) WITHOUT spacers. TF said I need spacers to run stock wheels with the TF 2.5 coil lift.

Another option is to take my stock wheels off the JK and take them to the shop with the new wheels and have them do all that....all while the jk sits at home on blocks waiting for me to put the lift on this weekend.

Thanks guys
Just dont turn the wheel 100% one way or the either (so full lock), and avoid any major bumps, you will be fine.. I drove with myt ires i have now before I put on my 2.5" lift.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by REL1203
Just dont turn the wheel 100% one way or the either (so full lock), and avoid any major bumps, you will be fine.. I drove with myt ires i have now before I put on my 2.5" lift.
That's what I thought....you say you ran that way with the wheels you have but those where pintlers....right....I have the stock 17's, think the results will be the same though

Quick Reply: Tools Needed for TF coil lift install?