Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tow hooks

Old 02-22-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tow hooks

last saturday my buddy got stuck and i had to pull him out but i soon realized my X didnt come with any tow hooks . I had no way to pull him out. Luckily a guy with A HUGE tj came by and pulled him out. Newho I rushed home to order some tow hooks. But i cant find any for a JK. I would get a new bumper. BUT i dont have much cash at the moment. Does anybody know where i can buy a pair of towhooks?!?!?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

I have seen them on ebay or you could go to the Jeep parts dept.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine will be for sale in about 2 months.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the front, you can get the stock tow hooks from MOPAR for $70 or so. My local dealership got these for me next day. Install is a bit of a pain since you have to chop up your bumper, but they fit well. In the rear, if you have a tow package, just get a receiver mounted clevis. Otherwise I believe you can also get the stock rear tow hook from MOPAR, but I don't know the cost off hand.

-E
Old 02-23-2007, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought my from my local dealer here in Nashville, TN ($70). They come with instructions and a template to cut the hole through the outer plastic bumper to accommodate the tow hooks. I did notice on the non-hook plastic bumper I had to cut the inner shell out so the hook shoulder would fit. There was no mention of this in the instructions. I also found afterwords that the template is much larger than the factory hole.

I will try to take some picture and edit this post with them.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

If you dont wanna buy the hooks for $70, theres a couple front bumper for sale with hooks for $100 in the for sale section..
Old 02-23-2007, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by swflMUD
last saturday my buddy got stuck and i had to pull him out but i soon realized my X didnt come with any tow hooks . I had no way to pull him out. Luckily a guy with A HUGE tj came by and pulled him out. Newho I rushed home to order some tow hooks. But i cant find any for a JK. I would get a new bumper. BUT i dont have much cash at the moment. Does anybody know where i can buy a pair of towhooks?!?!?
If you can waite a month or so I will give you mine for free you pay freight.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

If the OP doesn't want them I will take them.
Thanks,
G

Quick Reply: tow hooks