Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS light problem

Old 05-08-2018, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS light problem

I have a 13 sport. I put new 35's on and now I can't get the tpms light to go out. I have a flashpaq and adjusted the low pressure trigger to 35psi (I'm running 40psi). The light blinks and then stays on which supposedly indicates a malfunction. I don't belive the sensors are bad. I have a new Kenwood radio installed. There is a OBD2 hook up from it so that you can display vehicle info on the radio. The tire pressures read correctly and change with the varying temps. Any thoughts on a solution. I know turning off the TPMS with the flashpaq is an option. I'm trying to avoid that.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Flashing for a minute, then being on steady is the system's malfunction indication.

But first, check the following:

If you have adjusted the low pressure trigger to 35 psi, the computer expects you to be running 43 psi.
The parameters for 43 psi are:
Warning comes on when pressure drops to 35 psi.
Warning continues until pressure is raised enough to pass 40 psi.

If you want to run 40 psi, set the low pressure trigger to 32 psi.

Last edited by ronjenx; 05-08-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Alright. I'll change the setting tomorrow and see if that helps. Thank you.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:29 AM
JK Newbie

Lifjt is still on. Set the low pressure trigger to 32psi. All 4 tire pressures read 40-42 and are in the green. Drove it to work this morning and the light is still on.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Pulled the battery and let it sit for 5 minutes or so before re-connecting. Light is still on.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I could never adjust the Jeep TPMS sensor threshold with my ProCal. I followed their exact instructions step by step with no avail. Many attempts later at turning the threshold down to 26 psi I just decided to turn the entire system off.

Just recently sold my old 35's off with the sensors in them. Not running any sensors in my new tires and wheels and honestly I have no regrets. It actually instilled this discipline in me to check my tire pressure before any trip in the Jeep...just like my old man taught me.

If you can't get yours to adjust, I'd just turn the system off. Only a matter of time before that light and ding noise drive you nuts.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Problem solved. Spare tire sensor was activated but wasn't being picked up by the jeep. No more light. 👍
Old 05-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The jeep doesn't look for a spare tire. It only has 3 sensors. 2 up front and one in the rear. It determines the three that it knows and assumes the 4th by process of elimination. Think about how the sensors work- they're activated by motion (driving X distance and Y speed). Your spare tire doesn't do that. If you think I'm pulling your leg on the spare then take it off and go for a drive. Nothing changes because the jeep doesn't know it's there.

Quick Reply: TPMS light problem