Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

track bar drop bracket

Old 08-23-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default track bar drop bracket

i installed my new tera 2.5 bb w/ longer shocks last night. everything went pretty smooth except the bracket. it would not go far enough inside the original for the hole w/ the spacer to line up. i had to break out the grinder and take some off the bottom of the factory mount. once i took off about an 1/8" it went in enough. just wondering if anyone else ever ran in to this?

i do say though that the lift is awesome. my jeep looks so much more solid now. rides pretty much the same. i really didnt notice any off center w/ my steering wheel either. do you always have to re-center it? i swear i cant tell if it's off
Old 08-23-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WIRINFRENZY
i installed my new tera 2.5 bb w/ longer shocks last night. everything went pretty smooth except the bracket. it would not go far enough inside the original for the hole w/ the spacer to line up. i had to break out the grinder and take some off the bottom of the factory mount. once i took off about an 1/8" it went in enough. just wondering if anyone else ever ran in to this?

i do say though that the lift is awesome. my jeep looks so much more solid now. rides pretty much the same. i really didnt notice any off center w/ my steering wheel either. do you always have to re-center it? i swear i cant tell if it's off
Yup Had to do the same thing when Sasquatch and I installed my the
2.5" coil lift. We ended up grinding a slight bevel on the inside of the factory mount until it fit! Don't forget to rattle can the bare metal when you're done. I also didn't have to touch my steering alignment.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Yeap same here I had to grind a little to get it to fit tight on the bracket. I had to realing my steering, but only ever so slightly.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

thanks, i dont feel so bad for chopping at my ride now!

Quick Reply: track bar drop bracket