Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Traction control on my j.k.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control on my j.k.

I had a four inch superlift suspension lift installed on my 2008 j.k. Unlimited. I changed my tires to 285/70/r17 and now everytime i make a sustained turn my traction control activates. Is anyone having the same issues and if so, can anyone tell me how to fix it?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

It sounds like you need to recenter your steering wheel. Follow the directions in this link:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Also, did your lift kit come with an adjustable track bar? Make sure your axles are centered before you center the steering wheel.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Increasing your caster with front adj. control arms helped me a ton with this issue. I can haul ass around corners with no jeep nannies slowing me down.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Castor

Yep, check your wheel... if its good then its probably caster... if your lift didn't come with adj. lower control arms then lowering your tire pressure might help a little.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by river2c
it sounds like you need to recenter your steering wheel. Follow the directions in this link:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

also, did your lift kit come with an adjustable track bar? Make sure your axles are centered before you center the steering wheel.
thanks for the help. It's pulling to the right, should i adjust the steering to the left?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

If its pulling to the right that sounds like a different issue. It could be something as simple as low tire pressure on that side. I can't say what the cause is but I'm sure somebody will chime in with some help.

Last edited by Rhino64; 03-01-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Traction control on my j.k.