Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction control questions

Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control questions

Quick little thread...hopefully

I just installed a 4" lift with 35" tires in my2011 JKU and was wondering if taking turns to fast will cause my tc light to come on. I personally don't think I'm going to fast but was wondering what else would cause the light to possibly to come on. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Staytru06
Quick little thread...hopefully

I just installed a 4" lift with 35" tires in my2011 JKU and was wondering if taking turns to fast will cause my tc light to come on. I personally don't think I'm going to fast but was wondering what else would cause the light to possibly to come on. Thanks for the help.
Did you recenter your steering wheel? It may be a little off & causing this.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Atch

How would you go about that
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Is the steering wheel centered when driving on a flat straight road? If not, that's a likely suspect.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep steering wheel is centered just had an alignment all of that is good. So I'm guessing its just from taking a turn to fast but it never happened before the lift/tires.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NoVA_JeepBoy

How would you go about that
You have the wheels sitting straight and someone watch the steering wheel as you rotate the turnbuckle on the draglink until the steering wheel is straightened out. Or if you have a procal you can connect it to the port & it'll let you know when the steering wheel is straight.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The steering wheel has sensors in it to keep you from rolling your jeep when going to fast in corners. If you steering wheel is turned a little when driving a straight line down the road, you have to re-center you steering wheel. It's super easy. Drive your jeep in a straight line into you work area. Go under your jeep and look for bar coming from your steering box. You loosen up the bolts a turn it to re-center your steering wheel. Have someone sit in the drives seat and tell you if your turning it the correct way and to say stop when it's straight again.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

You have the wheels sitting straight and someone watch the steering wheel as you rotate the turnbuckle on the draglink until the steering wheel is straightened out. Or if you have a procal you can connect it to the port & it'll let you know when the steering wheel is straight.
Pro cal is the best way to do this by far and also has a bunch of other great features.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read your reply. This can also happen if your gears have changed or if the tire size has not been setup to the correct size.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jk4thedirt
Just read your reply. This can also happen if your gears have changed or if the tire size has not been setup to the correct size.
No gear change and did the tire size change with the pro cal, just to be clear it only happened twice and both around sharp turns.

Quick Reply: Traction control questions