Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trailmaster Lift Kit feedback please

Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailmaster Lift Kit feedback please

"Its actually a 5'' lift with new front coils and rear poly spacers. It also comes with SSV shocks ( Great shock)" This is a quote from the shop owner who is offering the lift kit for $799CDN

I know nothing about lifts except that a suspension lift raises your differential etc, whereas a body lift raises the body and does not help with clearance (just helps you look down tops in cars beside you).

This seems like a screaming good deal, should I be wary? i was going to just get 1 3/4" spacers and add 34" tires to my 18" rims, but this deal sounds too good to be true.

Some feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

edit: here are the specs from trailmastersuspension.com

2007 4-Door Jeep Wrangler JK 5" Suspension System - Part #J4611SSV

* 5" Suspension lift using new front coil springs and rear polyurethane spring spacers.
* Retains factory control arms and track bars.
* Complete with SSV shock absorbers.
* Retain factory steering geometry.
* Easily accomodates 35" tall tires.
* SSVR & SSVX shocks are available.
* An affordable package for the casual off road enthusiast.
* Made in the U.S.A.

Last edited by Captain Distracto; 09-28-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does that price include installation? I haven't heard anything about Trailmaster lifts for the JK, but that is kind of high in my OPINION if not. It's kind of a hybrid budget boost using springs in front and spacers in the rear, and has no control arms. I think your money could be spent better if that is the price for just the kit. Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how big are the coil spring spacers for the rear?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

do a search for for "trailmaster" and you won't find many people running this lift.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
how big are the coil spring spacers for the rear?
They are a gynormous 5"

IMHO, this kit is a real mistake on so many levels. Even if you were okay with using these ridiculously huge coil spacers, at 5" of lift, you're steering geometer will NOT be retained and you really do NEED a whole lot more suspension components in order to get your Jeep to ride and handle well.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the input, I will not go this route. appreciate the comments.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those spacers are just temporary. Hold off about another month and that kit will have coils all the way around according to trailmaster.

Last edited by sirhk100; 11-16-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captain Distracto
2007 4-Door Jeep Wrangler JK 5" Suspension System - Part #J4611SSV

* 5" Suspension lift using new front coil springs and rear polyurethane spring spacers.
* Retains factory control arms and track bars.
* Complete with SSV shock absorbers.
* Retain factory steering geometry.
* Easily accomodates 35" tall tires.
* SSVR & SSVX shocks are available.
* An affordable package for the casual off road enthusiast.
* Made in the U.S.A.
I like the made in the U.S.A. and that's about it. Factory control arms with a 5" lift? I'd really like to see this thing installed, it sounds like it would be rickety. And no rear springs, WTF?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

i looked at this kit once and the thing i didn't like about it was that at least at the time it didn't even offer tracbar brackets... so your axles would be way out of place, and the rear spacer freaked me out. 5" of lift from a spacer holy crap!!! i put my lift on myself and when i saw how the rear springs in the rear just sit on a little poly spacer looking thing from the factory (on top) that have a conical shape on top that fit into a little dimple, well, i was surprised enough at that, but having a 5" poly spacer on top of that.... its a scary thought in my opinion... a 2.5 BB would be one thing, 5" is a whole different story. and $799... for what, i baught my 4" lift for 550 and that included shipping and i couldn't be happier with it. front and rear springs, good shocks with the new bump stops built into the shock, trac bar bracket for the rear, front adjustable trac bar, brake line relocation brackets, alignment cams, etc etc... i forget what else. but at 250 dollars less, i sure got more of a kit than the trailmaster seems to offer, and i don't have one complaint with it. anyway, thats just my 0.02 ....
Old 11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yellowjeeper85
i looked at this kit once and the thing i didn't like about it was that at least at the time it didn't even offer tracbar brackets... so your axles would be way out of place, and the rear spacer freaked me out. 5" of lift from a spacer holy crap!!! i put my lift on myself and when i saw how the rear springs in the rear just sit on a little poly spacer looking thing from the factory (on top) that have a conical shape on top that fit into a little dimple, well, i was surprised enough at that, but having a 5" poly spacer on top of that.... its a scary thought in my opinion... a 2.5 BB would be one thing, 5" is a whole different story. and $799... for what, i baught my 4" lift for 550 and that included shipping and i couldn't be happier with it. front and rear springs, good shocks with the new bump stops built into the shock, trac bar bracket for the rear, front adjustable trac bar, brake line relocation brackets, alignment cams, etc etc... i forget what else. but at 250 dollars less, i sure got more of a kit than the trailmaster seems to offer, and i don't have one complaint with it. anyway, thats just my 0.02 ....

Cool, thanks for the info...

Quick Reply: Trailmaster Lift Kit feedback please