Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is A Transmission Cooler Required?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Its on my to do list as well. Seems like most use the B&M. Is there a specific part number for the jk and is it a complete kit or does it require extra parts?
this is the one i and most people use, Automatic Transmission SuperCooler #70268 ... i think the only thing i bought was better hose clamps, and some extra rubber line, because it wasnt quite long enough if i remember corretly.. any way it was cheap. this cooler does a great job, i have the aeroforce gauge and can monitor tranny temps and it stays nice and cool!!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greenenvey
.... and some extra rubber line.....

Be sure to get Transmission Oil hose, not fuel line hose....
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

this is the one i and most people use, Automatic Transmission SuperCooler #70268 ... i think the only thing i bought was better hose clamps, and some extra rubber line, because it wasnt quite long enough if i remember corretly.. any way it was cheap. this cooler does a great job, i have the aeroforce gauge and can monitor tranny temps and it stays nice and cool!!
Could you tell me more about the Aeroforce temp gauge? Price, where to buy, how to hook up?? I would like to have a trans temp gauge and a real engine oil pressure gauge.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA

Could you tell me more about the Aeroforce temp gauge? Price, where to buy, how to hook up?? I would like to have a trans temp gauge and a real engine oil pressure gauge.
It plugs right into the OBDII Port an has enough wire to mount most places (From my photo I chose to mount it under my window switches). It can be set-up to monitor most any parameters you choose, mine stays on Tranny Temp an Coolant Temp. Bought mine for around $225 online, and it comes with an online toutorial on how to set it up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1075346401.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	243790  
Old 11-30-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jiblet
Be sure to get Transmission Oil hose, not fuel line hose....
yes thats right sorry i didnt make that clear, thanks!!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
It plugs right into the OBDII Port an has enough wire to mount most places (From my photo I chose to mount it under my window switches). It can be set-up to monitor most any parameters you choose, mine stays on Tranny Temp an Coolant Temp. Bought mine for around $225 online, and it comes with an online toutorial on how to set it up.
these gauges are awsome arnt they, i love mine!!! i usually monitor tranny temp, coolant temp, and mph ... mph is nice because i can see my gauge alot easier than the speedo!!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

yes thats right sorry i didnt make that clear, thanks!!
Make sure you use quality hose. I used lock-tite hose an aeroquip fittings (a lust of the exact things i used is pic'd with the quanity of each)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2551255391.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	243794   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3014427597.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	243795  
Old 11-30-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA
My interceptor gauge is a few years old now but unless the newer ones have it now, the oil pressure sensor is an add-on.

Great gauge. Expensive but does a lot.

just google aeroforce interceptor.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the ORW model also.
Kit is very complete, and not hard to install. Well built.

Quick Reply: Is A Transmission Cooler Required?