Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TrueTrac Eaton's Front and Rear

Old 01-29-2010, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
x2!!!
X3
Old 01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

x4
Old 01-29-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I’ve been thinking about putting the True Trac in the front when I re-gear also. I've heard a lot of good things about them but haven't talked to anyone running them in a JK yet. Not in to serious rock crawling and mostly stay on medium type trails. The Factory LSD in the rear has been great for the type trail we do. I was thinking this would be a good upgrade for the front when I re-gear. I've thought about the Aussie but I'm afraid of the whole ratcheting thing since this is my DD.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

I have been running the Eaton Truetrac both in the front and rear diffs for about four months. I have a 6-speed X with 4.88s. So far, I have been impressed with them although, I have only done moderate trails with some difficult slick rock. Unfortunately, we have been getting a lot of snow here this year, the only upside of which is the Truetracs have worked great.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to answer nangulators question, all you need for the front d30 is a standard d30 truetrac, I installed mine earlier this year and likewise with 8633 I don't do extreme rocks or trails, but for my weekend warrior you can definately tell a boost in front end traction.

On a side note. I think lunchbox lockers are a great option as well and the only reason I landed on the truetrac was that re-gearing from 3.21 to 4.10 I had to change out my front carrier anyways, so opted to just install a truetrac
Old 01-30-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I got to test out my TrueTrac in the snow down in central VA today and it did great. I have had it installed for about a week along with an ARB in the rear and engaged 4wd for the first time since the regear today. The TrueTrac operated completely transparent but it seemed that I had an improvement in traction running uphill on unplowed roads. I will provide a trail report in the next month or so when I can get back up to Rausch Creek.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by phljeeper
I got to test out my TrueTrac in the snow down in central VA today and it did great. I have had it installed for about a week along with an ARB in the rear and engaged 4wd for the first time since the regear today. The TrueTrac operated completely transparent but it seemed that I had an improvement in traction running uphill on unplowed roads. I will provide a trail report in the next month or so when I can get back up to Rausch Creek.
yes, please provide an update for us , especially since i too am in PA and am now buying gears and want to install lockers as well since it'll be easier since the diff is open. it would be especially helpful since rausch creek is my playground as well..
Old 02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

bump...

I am going to be purchasing gears soon and need some info on lockers. I am debating whether to keep my diffs open like they are now (stock X) or change up my plans and add in lockers.

Dumb question alert: How do I know if I have the LSD from the factory?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joneszj
bump...

I am going to be purchasing gears soon and need some info on lockers. I am debating whether to keep my diffs open like they are now (stock X) or change up my plans and add in lockers.

If you still have the sticker, it was an option listed on your build. In my area it seems that most were ordered with the LSD.

To update on the front TrueTrac, I have been driving in the 2+ foot snows last weekend and today and have felt the front LSD engage a couple times and it seems to be helping with traction. I have been able to push through completely unplowed snow with no issues at all while in 4 High. I also felt it engage Saturday trying to get in my driveway which had a 4 foot wall in front of it from the plow. I will give another report when I can get back out to Rausch Creek to truly test it.

BTW, I still have not tested the rear ARB locker that was installed with my gears. I am waiting to get the first 1000 miles on the gears before engaging. I can't wait to hit some rocks and mud with the TrueTrac in the front and locker in the rear.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joneszj
bump...

lift the rear two tires up off the ground and rotate a tire, if both rotate in same direction you probably got the factory LSD in the rear

Quick Reply: TrueTrac Eaton's Front and Rear