Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuffy Security Console Insert

Old 12-10-2006, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuffy Security Console Insert

Hi all, new guy here from Michigan. I ordered my Sahara 2dr on Dec 1, and cannot wait for it. It will be my first Jeep. All my kids are grown and now it is time for me to get what I always wanted.

I was looking at this Tuffy security console, and it looks like something might want. I need to lock up my pistol at times and this looks like a good thing. Anyone have one of these, or have seen one up close? I wonder how much work is involved in installing one. Any information would be appreciated.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...1+100&h=&spg=t
Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's some better shots of the console insert that I took at SEMA...

I have just a regular Tuffy Security Console in my CJ and can tell you that it really is tough. Certainly, it would take a lot of effort to break into.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I, too, was looking into one of these. Our JK will have the khaki interior, and the black box is really going to stand out. I was kinda hoping they'll make a khaki colored version so it has more of a stock appearance and doesn't stand out like a sore thumb saying, "Look at me, I have valuables inside me!" I suppose I could paint it and have it recovered, but I shouldn't have to do that. If Tuffy is going to go through the work of designing a box for the JK, and the JK only comes with two interior colors, it sure makes sense to me to offer it in two colors to help it blend in. Anyone with me on this one?!?!

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Last edited by SpudRacer; 12-10-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:22 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey welcome to the forum. This place is addictive. I am going to get one of those also. Hopefully they will make it in grey, but probably not. I found out today that the glove box is very easy to take out, hopefully they will make a glove box insert also.

Wherre you at in MI? I live in Redford, just w/ of Detroit.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

hey guys, i ordered one from quadratec last week, i'll take some pics and give some impressions after install. i also ordered some corbeau black leather seats so it should all come together nicely. thanks!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dsp
Hey welcome to the forum. This place is addictive. I am going to get one of those also. Hopefully they will make it in grey, but probably not. I found out today that the glove box is very easy to take out, hopefully they will make a glove box insert also.

Wherre you at in MI? I live in Redford, just w/ of Detroit.
I live in Madison Heights. I-75 & 11 mile area.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
...I was kinda hoping they'll make a khaki colored version so it has more of a stock appearance and doesn't stand out like a sore thumb saying, "Look at me, I have valuables inside me!"...
I wasn't too concerned about the contrast but I do see what you mean about it being an advertisement. A matched color would make it look nicer and might not be such a red flag.

Beel
Old 12-14-2006, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
I, too, was looking into one of these. Our JK will have the khaki interior, and the black box is really going to stand out. I was kinda hoping they'll make a khaki colored version so it has more of a stock appearance and doesn't stand out like a sore thumb saying, "Look at me, I have valuables inside me!" I suppose I could paint it and have it recovered, but I shouldn't have to do that. If Tuffy is going to go through the work of designing a box for the JK, and the JK only comes with two interior colors, it sure makes sense to me to offer it in two colors to help it blend in. Anyone with me on this one?!?!

Tom
Bryson City, NC
I certainly agree, i would love to have one. I dont want the black in with my gray interior. I would be very willing to pay more to have the match.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by George
I certainly agree, i would love to have one. I dont want the black in with my gray interior. I would be very willing to pay more to have the match.

I will wait for gray as well. No gray = No purchase.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

My perfect solution would be to have a welder weld a lockable steel plate on top of where that little cargo space is in rear. It could be hinged and hid under the rear rug. No one would ever know you have an in the floor safe.

Quick Reply: Tuffy Security Console Insert