Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Turbocharging my 3.8

Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet.....The fun's about to Start for Ya Brutha! I've got 24K on the turbo install already.....You'll love it!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-speed-227615/
If you need any help...don't hesitate to hit me up!
Gregory
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ILMRRJKU
This is going to be an interesting one, subscribed. I've been wondering about a turbo setup as opposed to a supercharged one.
I compared both and decided to get the most power out there w/o an engine swap the turbo kit was best and it beats all the superchagers currently on the market with 350 rwhp and 400 ft-lbs of torque at 12psi of boost....
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03HDFB
Sweet.....The fun's about to Start for Ya Brutha! I've got 24K on the turbo install already.....You'll love it!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-speed-227615/
If you need any help...don't hesitate to hit me up!
Gregory
Thanks man!

Cheers
Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

How is the spool time on this turbo? I can see the advantage of having it for a DD, but almost no offroad advantage. I too am curious to see if our motors/trans can handle 350whp.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

I watched a couple Youtube vids. The spool time is the same as every other turbo. There is zero offroad advantage adding this kit.. With that being said, have fun with this install. Im eager to see what kinda of gains you get!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can also use 3m double sided sticky tape on the silicon junctions under the worm drive clamps to help make sure they don't go anywhere. I'm still not 100% sure I understand the plumbing from looking at the photo. Is that a cross-pipe setup that goes after the factory manifold? I am glad to see they included a polished InterCooler and not a Chinese fudge tank!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryanm
You can also use 3m double sided sticky tape on the silicon junctions under the worm drive clamps to help make sure they don't go anywhere. I'm still not 100% sure I understand the plumbing from looking at the photo. Is that a cross-pipe setup that goes after the factory manifold? I am glad to see they included a polished InterCooler and not a Chinese fudge tank!
Yes, it's a cross pipe and yes that IC is heavy duty!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philip *AZ*
I watched a couple Youtube vids. The spool time is the same as every other turbo. There is zero offroad advantage adding this kit.. With that being said, have fun with this install. Im eager to see what kinda of gains you get!
LOL, glad to have you on board and if you consider the drive to the trails part of your trip then getting there faster with a big smile on your face must count more then zero, right?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't see it in the part list, but do they recommend running a cooler thermostat and higher pressure radiator cap? Also might not be bad to do Samco radiator hoses, but that's not really a requirement. With 12PSI your going to be creating a lot more heat, with the Turbo being so close to the radiator, that is another good reason to wrap it to cut down on heat soak. Did they recommend a spark-plug and specific gap?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryanm
I didn't see it in the part list, but do they recommend running a cooler thermostat and higher pressure radiator cap? Also might not be bad to do Samco radiator hoses, but that's not really a requirement. With 12PSI your going to be creating a lot more heat, with the Turbo being so close to the radiator, that is another good reason to wrap it to cut down on heat soak. Did they recommend a spark-plug and specific gap?
Yes, the cooler thermo is in the pic but hard to see and the 6 new cooler plugs are there too. I'll get a turbo blanket for sure and I may wrap the down pipe too...