Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

turning off esp

Old 09-17-2007, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep
so anyone gonna answer slick i am as interested as he???
To which question. He answered his own first question then asked

IS THIS A RUBI THING?? MINE WILL NOT DO THIS

No this is not a rubi thing all model JK's will disable in 4hi with holing the button for 5 seconds. The moment you reach 40 mph in 4hi it kisks back on. There is no factory disable for 2hi selection.

So that should answer your question.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Some RT charger guys figured it out... so it cant be that much different for us, heres the write up... i hope the link works. http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25225
Old 09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

yellow jeep, thanks, just what I was looking for. Now all I need is to know where the Dynamic Sensor Supply connection is. Anyone with a pinout diagram from the service manual?

This is why I like the forum , for the most part jeepers helping jeepers with out the stabs.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Super Freak

it is the "Sensor Dynamics" I believe...

looks like the same Violet/Light Blue wire that the other right up described putting the toggle on...
Old 09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

thinkmud,
thanks, as soon as I get mine back from the dealer (broken front Axle) I will add the switch from the diagram it looks as if it may be under the front pass seat. Hopefully this is right. if so a simple safety toggle next to the locker switch should do the trick. I will post results unless someone else beats me to it. May be a week or so before repaired.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by roddogg
thinkmud,
thanks, as soon as I get mine back from the dealer (broken front Axle) I will add the switch from the diagram it looks as if it may be under the front pass seat. Hopefully this is right. if so a simple safety toggle next to the locker switch should do the trick. I will post results unless someone else beats me to it. May be a week or so before repaired.
Hey man, sorry to hear about your axle, what happened? That link about the Charger mod for this said you can find the wire under the dash, behind the glove box (inside the wiring harness bundle). hope that helps, I'm gonna look for it there so I don't have to take everything apart.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25225

Last edited by ThinkMud; 09-19-2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added link...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Wink

Or dont drive over 40 mph (65klms)
Gives you a few things:
Doesn't break things,
Keeps track in good nick,
And you can enjoy the views about you.

I have to admit it is a pain in the but though.
Here in AU we are requested to stick to 40kml on the bush tracks.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lushy
Or dont drive over 40 mph (65klms)
Gives you a few things:
Doesn't break things,
Keeps track in good nick,
And you can enjoy the views about you.

I have to admit it is a pain in the but though.
Here in AU we are requested to stick to 40kml on the bush tracks.
We need some pics of you wheeling in Australia, that would be cool to see! I would love to go there someday...
Old 09-19-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lushy,

Yea, get us some pics of you on the trails. I live in the boonedocks and we would like to see pics from over there. I haven't been wheeling in my Jeep yet.

Roddogg,

That sucks that your Jeep is in the shop. Jeeps are suppose to be tough but i guess they need to be built up for that. I know alot of people on here have alot of time and money in there Jeeps. We are limited by our warrenties and somethings i guess that can be a bad thing. I haven't been wheeling yet and i've had mine 4 months. I did take it through the trails once and ran off the road a little and got stuck(i hate terra grapplers)and never been offroad sense then. I don't claim going a 100 yards off the road and hitting a slick spot wheeling...lol. I'm not going more than that off a road again until i get some Dynapro at's.

This site is really awesome and everyone seems to know alot about there Jeeps so i hope it rubs off on me. I don't have time to get on here alot though
Old 09-20-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
Hey man, sorry to hear about your axle, what happened? That link about the Charger mod for this said you can find the wire under the dash, behind the glove box (inside the wiring harness bundle). hope that helps, I'm gonna look for it there so I don't have to take everything apart.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=25225
I just went out and looked. The sensor is under the passenger seat and the wires are easy to get to there. I just put the switch in and am going to splice into it.

Quick Reply: turning off esp