Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh!!!! GenRight

Old 08-01-2016, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ugh!!!! GenRight

Fairly sure that got the click to read this.

A couple of weeks ago I retired my Smittybilt front bumper in lieu of an aluminum Gen Right front bumper with stinger and brush guard. I love it! Super rad. Super light.

Yesterday was the wife and I's 12 year anniversary. She told me to go to my local 4x4 Shop I go to and get my present. Well, go today and lo and behold, Aluminum GenRight sliders and rocker guards! Amazing. Only problem is that I'm looking at the install and eyeing fitment and it looks like I'll have to trim my Bushwacker flares.

Not necessarily a bad thing....if I wanted to keep those flares but I've come to the conclusion that I apparently just want $6k in exterior aluminum so I was going to get their fenders in a couple of months. If I cut the Bushwackers I can't sell them for poop then!

So...the point of the thread....anyone running GenRight sliders with Bushwacker flares? If so, care to post a pic?

The "ugh" part is simply my frustration that after experiencing the quality, my wants suddenly trump my needs. And my bank account doesn't like it.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:17 PM
JK Jedi

Why not wait a little while until you can afford to fenders to install the sliders? Like that you can still sell the old fenders!
Old 08-01-2016, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

Sell the flares now, run without flared until you buy new....
Old 08-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Why not wait a little while until you can afford to fenders to install the sliders? Like that you can still sell the old fenders!
What is the "wait" thing?

What a terrible predicament to be in, but I'd probably chop some stock flares and make it work for a few months.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

not like used bushwackers are hot sellers.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#firstworldprobs
Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 AM
JK Freak

LOL! Yes...First world problems! I've been all around the world to see we have it good....

Agreed that BW's aren't hot sellers but I was just planning on selling them for the what my powdercoat costs. I have been toying with the idea of installing them and running without fenders because...Well, Florida you can drive pretty much anything and get away with it. I think I'll dork with them this weekend and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Ugh!!!! GenRight