Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgrade exhaust questions

Old 12-25-2013, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's this setup...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2121865084.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	519213  
Old 12-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mOjO_JK
hey dynomax...I know I've been asking ...and I've been putting off this project...but I was given funds for my muffler...I like this one but I cannot find which one it is....can you help me with part number? and also more or less how it should sound (I'm wanting a nice low rumble) and I'm looking into relocating as well...would I have to relocate the evap? I have a 2011 2 door sport

it's this setup...
So that muffler used is P/N 17263. That is our 6" round 2.5" in/out.
Sound wise it is about a 5-6 out of 10. I run this on my 4 door, no issues. The tires and wind (when the top is off) is louder than the muffler.
For a 2 door make sure there is clearance where it dumps, not onto any lines or the like.

This is a 2007-11 2 door with this muffler on it, for reference.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im on my third muffler and my favourite thus far is the dynomax super turbo on the 3.8. Ive received a few compliments on how my 3.8 sounds ( which is rare IMO ). Mbrp off road exhaust with super turbo muffler!!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how exactly can I check for clearence? what would the measurements be?
Old 12-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by courtsm3
Im on my third muffler and my favourite thus far is the dynomax super turbo on the 3.8. Ive received a few compliments on how my 3.8 sounds ( which is rare IMO ). Mbrp off road exhaust with super turbo muffler!!
Nice, not too loud with that muffler in there.

how exactly can I check for clearence? what would the measurements be?
You are going to need to get under there and do a visual and mock it up and get a turn down and make sure it isn't dumping on the rear axle. The overall muffler length is 20", so take that in to consideration. Since you don't have a resonator like the 2012 up do you have some room under there.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE="Dynomax;3793505"] Nice, not too loud with that muffler in there.

It was quieter when it was new but has increased to nice rumble now. Very pleased with the super turbo on my JK and my previous cherokee. No loud raspy nonsense noise!! Would love to match it up with some longtubes

Quick Reply: Upgrade exhaust questions