Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Viper Throttle Body Dyno Sheet

Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Mopar CAI, which I believe is made by AFE (not positive about that) but it has a 3" tube and I have a 3"-3" silicon coupler to mate it to the viper throttle body.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zroe
If I were to try this, what coupler would I need (4" to 3" or 3" to 3"), or would I need one at all? I have a AEM CAI already.
If you have the AEM all you need is another 3in hose clamp. Just lube up the coupler that comes from AEM. I just installed mine yesterday and so far no problems.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so have anyone else install it and dyno it ?

it is hard to swallow that only changing the throttle body would give 20HP on the wheels
Old 11-08-2011, 01:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed a ported throttle body on my Charger (similar changes between throttle bodies discussed in this thread) - the gains were 6 HP & 7 torque (dyno'd before & after). I think the SRT's were getting some where around 5 more than my 3.5 v6 in hp and torque. It seems a gain of 20 would be a stretch. BUT, man, that would be one of the cheapest performance gains for the money.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is no 20hp gain unless you are spraying nitrous into you new viper TB. ;-)

I'll give you 5-7hp at best. :-)
Old 11-08-2011, 02:28 AM
JK Freak

I installed this throttle body about a month ago. No dyno and definitely no 20HP. I did notice a slight difference on WOT. Worth the money? I had a few extra bucks to toss towards anything that can squeeze another once of power out of this engine. If you don't really have the money I would say use it on something else. But I am not saying it did not make a difference.

I have a Airaid CAI and if you lube the coupler it can be forced on.

Last edited by SergeantChuck; 11-08-2011 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Let me know how it works out and how the performance gains are compared to the SC. That is a good price....
I don't think you can compare the two. When I installed the SC it was a very noticeable difference. After installing the viper throttle body I could only feel a slight difference at WOT. There was a difference but not near the difference the SC made. A bit more responsive.

The only thing that gave me the same gains as the SC were the Ripp Headers.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I installed this throttle body about a month ago. No dyno and definitely no 20HP. I did notice a slight difference on WOT. Worth the money? I had a few extra bucks to toss towards anything that can squeeze another once of power out of this engine. If you don't really have the money I would say use it on something else. But I am not saying it did not make a difference.

I have a Airaid CAI and if you lube the coupler it can be forced on.
Your results are not really applicable to 95% of the people in this thread due to your use of forced induction but I appreciate your feedback regardless.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by -ND4SPD-
Your results are not really applicable to 95% of the people in this thread due to your use of forced induction but I appreciate your feedback regardless.
Just so that I did not confuse anyone. When I typed SC I should have spelled out Super Chips. I don't have the Super Charger. I wish I did and I will. Just not now. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Just so that I did not confuse anyone. When I typed SC I should have spelled out Super Chips. I don't have the Super Charger. I wish I did and I will. Just not now. Sorry for the confusion.
That's funny. I also thought you had a supercharger. I thought you were being greedy by trying to get more hp out of your engine with the Viper!

Quick Reply: Viper Throttle Body Dyno Sheet