Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Volant Intake

Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volant Intake

Has anyone actually installed a Volant Intake in their JK?

If so, how do you like it?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

I installed a Volant CAI about a week and a half ago, and installed the cooltech exhaust last weekend. After installing the Volant I noticed a growl from the engine - rather liked it - it at least showed there was something in there. I also noticed a weeeeee bit improvement in power and MAYBE mileage. After I installed the cooltech I noticed much more improvement in power - in that I did not have to shift when doing 83 up hills with the cruise on - and also better mileage. It also sounds more like I'd think a jeep should sound.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Blatod,

Where did you get the Volant intake from? How long did it take to arrive to you? How was the install? How is the fit and finish? Can you post some pics please?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Default Volant Pics

I ordered it from Quadratec, it took about 3 or 4 weeks - but once they had it in stock I had it in three days. Installing it took me about 45 minutes, but I took my time and the instructions were pretty sparse. What took me longest is getting out the stock air box, the instructions said nothing on this, and I couldn't find out where the screws were at to remove - there weren't any, it just needed a good tugg and it popped out. Installing it was easy after that. The fit and finish is excellent. I took some pics and posted them here:
http://homepage.mac.com/blatod/PhotoAlbum35.html
Old 05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

not a big fan on the air inlet at the bottom... looks like stock airbox and K&N filter for me
Old 05-23-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigJerm
not a big fan on the air inlet at the bottom... looks like stock airbox and K&N filter for me
from looking at prior models - for the 4 liter L6 - it looks like that is where the snorkel would attach to if a snorkel is wanted - and they seem to sell the snorkels separately from the cai, anyway that is how i see them listed in catalogs, and the ones for the 4.0 liter were basically the same in design as far as having the inlet at the bottom for the snorkel.

Quick Reply: Volant Intake