Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Want to go bigger

Old 05-21-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chip80
I just upgraded from 35s to 37s on a 2.5 RC lift. Had to agressively trim pinch seems in front of rear tires. Increased steering stops slightly. Also just trimmed fenders today, removing 1.5in from the outer lips - rear inner fenders removed, front inner fender modified. I will get pics out soon
I'm not changing my fender flares at all. No mods to them what so ever. I will go to a 3.5 lift if it doesn't involve drivelines.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by planman
The 37" Toyos for a 17" wheel are about the very stiffest tire you could run on your rig. It is desigjned for lifted 1 ton crew cab diesels that weigh 2x as much aa your JK and have the capacity to tow a 20k lbs 5th wheel. To not shake out your teeth driving them on the road, you'll need to run them around 20 psi. On cold mornings, you'll start with flat spots until they warm up. Off road, even at 8 psi you will have hardly any tire bulge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
No kidding? Thats weird. good thing I haven't spontaneously bought new tires, cause I would have gotten these!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Junkie

The 37" Toyos for a 17" wheel are about the very stiffest tire you could run on your rig. It is desigjned for lifted 1 ton crew cab diesels that weigh 2x as much aa your JK and have the capacity to tow a 20k lbs 5th wheel. To not shake out your teeth driving them on the road, you'll need to run them around 20 psi. On cold mornings, you'll start with flat spots until they warm up. Off road, even at 8 psi you will have hardly any tire bulge.

that suck, because i JUST bought my 17's and i want 37's...i like toyo mt. but if they are really that bad then ill go with the cooper discoverer stt 37x12.5x17 but i want the width of the 13.5 and i wanna try the toyos...i have always loved them
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Junkie

sringer,

You aren't very far from the Blacktail/WildBill National OHV Trail. It has been designated is one of the BFG Outstanding Trails. Their are plenty of opportunities to use your JK to its potential on that trail.

I'll be in Polson for the 2011 Montana Divide Ride in July and look forward to running that trail.

i go up the wild bill trail all the time. literally 2 times a week at least in the summer...and every sunday in the winter. i love that trail. my friend is going to be one of the trail leaders for divide ride, i will be tagging along for the wild bill day, however i cant take all that time off
Old 05-21-2011, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sringer

So it's safe to say that if I do 37's on an aev 3.5 and "fold back" the pinch seam. I should be good? I have 4.6 bs wheels
My wheels have 4.5bs. I know someone who has a RE3.5 lift and they are running 37s just fine too with stock fenders.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jsears
My wheels have 4.5bs. I know someone who has a RE3.5 lift and they are running 37s just fine too with stock fenders.
alright, i think i made my decision....but i will call kent at aev first and talk to him a little. im thinking that because i live so close to aev i will do the aev 3.5 and have them install it for me. i will have them get me the extended bumpstops, assuming they think their kit will work for 37's and assuming i dont need to do drivelines for it. then if that works ill get the 37x13.5x17 toyos if i can talk to someone that has them first. or see if my local tire guy thinks they would be to stiff as well. thanks for all the help everyone!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sringer
-12mm offset. I like the wide stance. I wanna add wheel spacers but there not legal...
Jeep wheels are known for having no BS whatsoever. If you ever decide to go with a 13.50 or 14.50 tire you are going to have to have a 3.5" - 3.75" of BS. Most "true beadlocks have a 3.75" BS and some people still use their spacers. This has to be done to pull the wheels away from brake lines and fender walls. I have a 6" long-arm lift and leveling kit, 40x14.50 tires, spacers and I still have to cut out more of my fender walls. Move to AZ. Spacers are legal here, and in CA.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ezekiel29

Jeep wheels are known for having no BS whatsoever. If you ever decide to go with a 13.50 or 14.50 tire you are going to have to have a 3.5" - 3.75" of BS. Most "true beadlocks have a 3.75" BS and some people still use their spacers. This has to be done to pull the wheels away from brake lines and fender walls. I have a 6" long-arm lift and leveling kit, 40x14.50 tires, spacers and I still have to cut out more of my fender walls. Move to AZ. Spacers are legal here, and in CA.
Hmmm. I might just have to do that then
Old 05-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by jsears
No rubbing when not flexed. I even have the stock bumpers on. Obviously I removed the plastic air dam thingy.
If you go with our 3" short arm kits let me know before ordering. I'll send the 4" bump stops. It will give you the correct bump stop for a 3" lift and 37's.

All of our 3" long arm kits come with the 4" bump stops included.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension

If you go with our 3" short arm kits let me know before ordering. I'll send the 4" bump stops. It will give you the correct bump stop for a 3" lift and 37's.

All of our 3" long arm kits come with the 4" bump stops included.
That would be awesome! Sending you a pm!

Quick Reply: Want to go bigger