Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

want to lift 2.5 - 3 in best lift?

Old 01-29-2014, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to lift 2.5 - 3 in best lift?

was looking to upgrade stock suspension for a lift but not too tall, currently running 275/65R18 tires on atx teflon. next thing is bushwhacker flat fenders. then i was looking between the AEV 2.5'' or the rock krawler max travel 2.5'' . Right now the jku is my daily driver; city and backroads and i plan on doing some offroading and i am fairly new to the jeep world, if anyone is running either of these or knows any info that'd be swell, i really want a quality lift.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7663.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	527356

Last edited by papajohn18; 01-29-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked at the multiple lift threads, including the "Stickie" threads? There are 7 years of thoughts, opinions and experience of information. It really comes down to what type of trails you hit and what size tires you want along with how much you want to spend. Finding the balance is the goal.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 01-29-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

BDS lifts have a lifetime warranty.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Metalcloak!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd recommend the search function....please!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rock Krawler
Old 01-29-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

This question is asked every other day, ^ I agree in using the search function for reviews.

If you cut your fenders and add a lift be prepared to buy 35's, unless you like your tires looking like little donuts. Both AEV and especially the RK are set up for a fully modified Jeep. If yours is still stock it'll ride stiff and the RK will net you around 3.5". Anything over 3" it is recommended to install new driveshafts. Another big expense...

I'd personally pick up an EVO Protek Skid System and a full set of lower control arm skids first. A stock Jeep can handle more than you think, it helps to have some added underbody protection. Lots to learn, good luck and welcome!

Last edited by Tripletsi; 01-29-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Coil overs....
Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

AVE lifts---be careful of all the brackets they use to to correct the geometry instead of adjustable track bars and control arms. The brackets tend to bend/brake off road. The springs are decent and comparable to Old Man Emu springs in the ride.
Rock Crawler makes great durable lifts but provide a stiffer ride higher end shocks are a must with their springs.
Don't leave out The teraflex 2.5 and I am partial to the Old Man Emu Long Travel kit that Northridge 4x4 offers. Its one of the most complete higher quality lifts for the money. It rides great handles great. Comes with adjustable track bars, front lower adjustable control arms, sway bar links, bumpers shocks and more.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HornetJK
AVE lifts---be careful of all the brackets they use to to correct the geometry instead of adjustable track bars and control arms. The brackets tend to bend/brake off road. The springs are decent and comparable to Old Man Emu springs in the ride.
Rock Crawler makes great durable lifts but provide a stiffer ride higher end shocks are a must with their springs.
Don't leave out The teraflex 2.5 and I am partial to the Old Man Emu Long Travel kit that Northridge 4x4 offers. Its one of the most complete higher quality lifts for the money. It rides great handles great. Comes with adjustable track bars, front lower adjustable control arms, sway bar links, bumpers shocks and more.
Can you post an example if a bent/broken AEV bracket. I have the Rancho version that is much more stout. Also you can always get adjustable CA if you want. The price of AEVs 2.5 is right on par with other kits containing the same components.

FWIW if you get the AEV 2.5 pick up either a set of front swaybar discos or a set if crown rear links for the front. Also an adjustable front TB would be nice.

Last edited by espi; 01-29-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: want to lift 2.5 - 3 in best lift?