Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What is the best Air Filter out there for a jk?

Old 07-12-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best Air Filter out there for a jk?

I'm looking to buy and new air filter for my jeep but I can't really decide on what to get. A mechanic said i should get a K & N but another said I should get a AEM and there is a Mopar filter out there that looks tempting. Money is no problem so if anyone has feedback on a good air filter that gives great sound and noticeable difference in performance that would be awesome.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are so many threads here about air filters, CIA, etc that I don't want to add to another.
Just do a search for "air filters" or "CIA's" and you'll come up with more information than you can shake a stick at.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hippypoacher123
I'm looking to buy and new air filter for my jeep but I can't really decide on what to get. A mechanic said i should get a K & N but another said I should get a AEM and there is a Mopar filter out there that looks tempting. Money is no problem so if anyone has feedback on a good air filter that gives great sound and noticeable difference in performance that would be awesome.

In the end I bet they are all the same, I went with the True Flow XDI because of the foam filter instead of paper, very happy with it.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

x2 on the TrueFlow.

Here's a clip of what it sounds like in a JK. Sorry I can't post a direct link, so you'll just have to copy and paste.
youtube.com/watch?v=SRL4X2UvYuw

And here's a video about TrueFlow filters.
youtube.com/watch?v=ThmW2SW1I-k

I think they sound awesome. And the tests in the second video really get you thinking about what's going into your engine. I'm still trying to decide if it's a gimmick.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Air filters on a JK is all smoke and mirrors. Don't waste your time or money. Welcome to the forum. I'm originally from Federal Hill.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:52 PM
JK Newbie

I think I'm going with the XDI. Sounds great and looks like a good intake.

thanks for the vids Ryno.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hippypoacher123
I think I'm going with the XDI. Sounds great and looks like a good intake.

thanks for the vids Ryno.
No problem. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Tell us what you think of it after you get it ordered and installed.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:38 AM
JK Jedi

As mentioned, a million threads on this if you search and have a few hours to read them. I have the Airaid and I'm satisfied for what I invested in it (about $150), don't expect miracles from any air induction unit on the market though. IMO there aren't huge differences between brands, the only one I wouldn't get is the K&N due to their signifcantly worse filtering than the rest. That said I did run one for years on a Corvette I had with no issues.

Quick Reply: What is the best Air Filter out there for a jk?