Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Gears and Locker Should I Buy?

Old 12-19-2016, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
I'm guessing that you are thinking about some other traction device, not a Detroit Truetrac.
right. The trutrac is the limited slip, I was thinking it was the locking diff since he asked what locker he should buy. The Detroit lockers will definitely clunk into lock when on ice. Usually while turning. I've ridden in one that did it. It was almost undrivable.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive 130 miles a day for work, i went with 4.56's in my auto 2013 JKU, and i'll do it again if i had to, a lot more practical for a DD compared to 4.10's the way i saw it., running 315/70/17 KO2's, and have no intentions of going bigger, i also wheel my Jeep a little more than lightly, zero issues knocking on wood so far other than a bent tie-rod, but that's because the factory tie-rod is weak sauce
I'm getting an Eaton elocker rear and Detroit trutrac front, tomorrow, thought and thought about it, and decided to get more traction than stock in the front without going with a locker, my Jeep has survived a full year of doing the fun trails without lockers, i can only think that with a rear locker and a front TT, i'll need actually less gas pedal efforts to make the same obstacles, hopefully... lol.

Last edited by rsmwrangler; 12-20-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30/44 combo here on a 2014. Regeared this summer to 4.56's. Running e-lockers front and rear. I wheel every chance I can, no issues. On the highway I actually lost 1.5 mpg going from the 3.21's to the 4.56's. I have around $3200 with parts and install.

Quick Reply: What Gears and Locker Should I Buy?