Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

In what order should i perform my mods?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the OP never mentioned rails, hence why i didnt list them, nor did he/she mention regearing or recovery straps. i say rear bumper and tire carrier first only to take the load off the rear tail gate and since you should never be wheeling by yourself, a winch can come later, in my opinion. if you can afford tires at the same time as the lift, then of course you should go that route. if we are adding things that the OP never mentioned, how about this order: recovery gear, first aid, sway bar discos, lift and tires, regear, rails, c gussets and axle sleeves, lockers, bumpers and winch, hi lift... there are a million things that we can suggest someone get, but the original list was fairly specific.

i wheeled my jeep pretty hard without anything besides recovery grear and lift and tires (edisco and elockers of course). IMO, if money is an issue, start with the basics before worrying about winches and gearing and such. learn how capable your jeep is with the minimum before worrying about tackling all of MOAB. learn how not to break stuff and how to judge what lines to take. off roading, alot of times, is 75% driver, and 25% machine. all of the gadgets in the world wont help you if you go right into quadruple double black trails without the basic knowledge.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kupost
I like this except for first thing should be rails
lol...not in Louisiana. There aint no rocks.

And to be honest....im 23, and like i said, i live in Louisiana. My wheeling will be mostly mud getting to and from the duck blinds in the winter time (with plans of "doing it big" in the years to come, when i can afford to fix what i might break)

That being said...i also want to look badass (I am a 23 year old punk right?) not to say i wanna be a poser. I've never been one to buy an off road vehicle and leave it on the pavement. i believe in using something for what it was intended...lol

Last edited by VICECIV; 05-25-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: In what order should i perform my mods?