Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels

Old 01-14-2015, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels

Ok....I have read the thread about wheels and tires and I am still a bit confused.....
I am looking at some wheels for my rig... XD-Series Enduro XD122 Matte Black Wheel (17x9"/5x5")w/4.75 backspace..... wrapping with 315/70r17 Duratracs
Will that be ok?... NO lift yet but I am looking at either the Rock Krawler X-factor 2.5 or the Metal Cloak Game Changer 2.5..... Most lifts say at LEAST 4.5 backspace.... SO.. will the 4.75BS be to much? or is it fine?

"Q: What back spacing will I need on my wheels in order to clear 12.50 wide tires?
A: I would recommend that you do not exceed 4.75" of back spacing and even at that, you may still have some minor rubbing up front at a full turn. Also, I would recommend that you do not go any less than 3.75" as anything less would cause your tires to stick out very far past the fender flares. Any back spacing within this range should work out great. PLEASE NOTE: When discussing tire size, DO NOT take into consideration what the "actual size" of the tire is but rather, just what is listed on the sidewall."
Old 01-14-2015, 06:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will probably need to trim or remove the crappy front air dam (most just remove). Even with 4.5" BS wheels and a 2.5" lift, my 315 Duratracs rubbed that.

Other than that, you will want to either trim your fenders flat or get longer bump stops as there is a good chance your tires will rip them off at full compression. That issue is unrelated to the wheels though.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

removed the front plastic POS air dam after my 1st wheeling trip... I have already planed to cut my stock fenders/ add bump stop, until I can lift and get some PS tube fenders...
I just dont want to have any issues with the steering or wheel components... I know NOT to do more that 4.75 or less 3.75... that is pretty clear...

THANKS
Old 01-14-2015, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by alexwblackJK
removed the front plastic POS air dam after my 1st wheeling trip... I have already planed to cut my stock fenders/ add bump stop, until I can lift and get some PS tube fenders...
I just dont want to have any issues with the steering or wheel components... I know NOT to do more that 4.75 or less 3.75... that is pretty clear...

THANKS
You'll be fine. The Duratracs are more like 34" tires as well.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Check the rear pinch seam for clearance at flex. Chances are it will need to be trimmed.

Quick Reply: Wheels