Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who Carries Toyo Open Country Tires?

Old 08-11-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Carries Toyo Open Country Tires?

While out wheeling yesterday I apparently sliced open the inside of one of my Toyo tires. I threw my spare on which is brand new, and already have one tire that is fairly new as well. So, I have to new tires and two old tires on the axles, and a bad spare (since the bad one is now in the location of my spare). I decided I may as well buy 2 new tires so that I have 4 new ones touching the ground, and will put one of my old ones on the back as my spare to save me a few bucks right now.

Anyway, I cannot, for the life of me, find Toyo Open County 35" 12.50 r17 tires anywhere locally. (Discount Tire, Big-O, etc). The one newer one I have was from Discount, but they charged me $370 for the tire alone, and on eBay I found a place selling them for $315/ea with free shipping.

So, minus the balancing and all, eBay will be cheaper by $110. So, I know Discount can get their hands on one, (last time they had it transferred to their store...only one they could find in AZ) and I know they price match. However, I know most places do not price match eBay as it is an auction site. Anyone have any input as fast as where to buy, and/or Discount's price matching? This is not an urgent thing since my JK is the weekend toy. So, I'll look around to save some cash.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

less schwab
Old 08-11-2012, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
While out wheeling yesterday I apparently sliced open the inside of one of my Toyo tires. I threw my spare on which is brand new, and already have one tire that is fairly new as well. So, I have to new tires and two old tires on the axles, and a bad spare (since the bad one is now in the location of my spare). I decided I may as well buy 2 new tires so that I have 4 new ones touching the ground, and will put one of my old ones on the back as my spare to save me a few bucks right now.

Anyway, I cannot, for the life of me, find Toyo Open County 35" 12.50 r17 tires anywhere locally. (Discount Tire, Big-O, etc). The one newer one I have was from Discount, but they charged me $370 for the tire alone, and on eBay I found a place selling them for $315/ea with free shipping.

So, minus the balancing and all, eBay will be cheaper by $110. So, I know Discount can get their hands on one, (last time they had it transferred to their store...only one they could find in AZ) and I know they price match. However, I know most places do not price match eBay as it is an auction site. Anyone have any input as fast as where to buy, and/or Discount's price matching? This is not an urgent thing since my JK is the weekend toy. So, I'll look around to save some cash.
Checkout amazon (I bought my Toyos there) & discount should price match them if they're cheaper
Old 08-11-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Atch
Checkout amazon (I bought my Toyos there) & discount should price match them if they're cheaper
Thanks. I can't believe I didn't look there yet! Same price as eBay too!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just got mine from treaddepot.com seemed to be cheaper than everywhere else
Old 08-11-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try jeep add ons.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi

discount tire will price match treadepot dot com. that's how I purchased mine... good luck!!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Discount tire may price match them but they don't carry toyo and when I called them they said they couldn't get any toyos
Old 08-11-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Jedi

Check national tire and wheel.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Discount Tire ended up getting some ordered for me. I'll have them mounted next week. They come in Monday, but won't be off work until Friday. With warranty and all it came to $870, but I like knowing I'll have 4 good tires.

Quick Reply: Who Carries Toyo Open Country Tires?