Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who is running the Sprintex SC?

Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demtek9
Here is a pic of how you can get to the lifter cover from this side. It's sitting loose, so that is not the right angle.

Oh one more tip: Don't remove the fender cover on the passenger side as indicated in an early step. You can get access to the lower ERG pipe by laying under the Jeep and snaking your hand up with a 3-5 inch 1/4 drive extension and a small ratchet.
Really nice of you to share this! I am sure all will benefit from your detailed write up. (Other than lazy slugs like me that paid somebody else to do it.)

Nicely done!

Steve
Old 12-24-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salmonaediot
Really nice of you to share this! I am sure all will benefit from your detailed write up. (Other than lazy slugs like me that paid somebody else to do it.)

Nicely done!

Steve
Thanks Steve! There were times I thought it might have been better to go that route.
Maybe I'll put it all together in a write up after I get it all buttoned up.

other people reading this...my notes are on page 10 near the bottom.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks demtek9. All info will be appreciated as mine will be shipping out shortly and I will be installing it. Glad to hear about the fuel line release tool. I am trying to get everything I need gathered up so I am ready. I take it the valve cover gaskets are reusable when switching them?
Old 12-24-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Thanks demtek9. All info will be appreciated as mine will be shipping out shortly and I will be installing it. Glad to hear about the fuel line release tool. I am trying to get everything I need gathered up so I am ready. I take it the valve cover gaskets are reusable when switching them?
Yes, they are just rubber and plastic parts stuck onto the cover. Just keep dirt and junk out of the way.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also let us know about all the lines that need to be cut and re routed as to if they all make sense. Lots of times when you read it it does not make clear sense then when you are right there it does but any heads up will help.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Also let us know about all the lines that need to be cut and re routed as to if they all make sense. Lots of times when you read it it does not make clear sense then when you are right there it does but any heads up will help.
That is the next step. I have a long and short fuel line in the box and need to figure those out. I left my instructions in the garage since they got splashed with gas.

update:
So it says the 800mm lengths, but if you have instructions rev 1.01, then look at the pics and see that the top two are a different Jeep setup. Mine has the fuel line like at the bottom and I should be able to use the fule line tool to remove the 6 or so inch long lenght. The give away is the tape on that page for the top two photos are BLACK and the bottom pic is RED. Meaning the lettering of "Sprintex" on the intake is red. I have the one that should require no cutting. Hope you do too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8437.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	401627   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8436-2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	401628   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8436-3.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	401630  

Last edited by demtek9; 12-24-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Part of the reason I stopped. The instructions on replacing the fuel line look to be the ones that need the most clarification.

So I think the two lines in the box are for fuel and the carbon canister. Although I don't see the need to lengthen this carbon canister hose. I didnt see anything about relocating it.

Maybe it is longer for the Aussie hand drive vehicles....to route to the other side???

Any ideas? I might have to call Sprintex on the 26th.

Update: Well now that I think about it, this area is where the SC sits and that carbon canister hose might be in the way. Stay tuned and we'll fiigure this out later.
Time to go to bed or Santa might not come...LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8436-4.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	401633  

Last edited by demtek9; 12-24-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Part of the reason I stopped. The instructions on replacing the fuel line look to be the ones that need the most clarification.

So I think the two lines in the box are for fuel and the carbon canister. Although I don't see the need to lengthen this carbon canister hose. I didnt see anything about relocating it.

Maybe it is longer for the Aussie hand drive vehicles....to route to the other side???

Any ideas? I might have to call Sprintex on the 26th.

Update: Well now that I think about it, this area is where the SC sits and that carbon canister hose might be in the way. Stay tuned and we'll fiigure this out later.
Time to go to bed or Santa might not come...LOL
Not sure these pictures will help, but here is a few of my installation. I can take new ones if you tell me what angle to take. It might take a while, we have fresh snow and 8 degrees right now...

Merry Christmas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	401707Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	401708Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	401709
Old 12-25-2012, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by salmonaediot
Not sure these pictures will help, but here is a few of my installation. I can take new ones if you tell me what angle to take. It might take a while, we have fresh snow and 8 degrees right now...

Merry Christmas!

Attachment 401707Attachment 401708Attachment 401709
Thanks! You must not have got snow last night. I've got 2 inches and my Jeep is in pieces....oh the irony.

So my first question is where does that black line run that snakes up and over to the battery compartment?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! You must not have got snow last night. I've got 2 inches and my Jeep is in pieces....oh the irony.

So my first question is where does that black line run that snakes up and over to the battery compartment?
We got about 4 inches last night. A very beautiful white Christmas!

The pics I posted were from several months ago.

I will try to identify the black line after our Christmas activities.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Quick Reply: Who is running the Sprintex SC?