Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will a leveling kit give me a negative rake?

Old 01-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Js15jk
Yeah a squatty back end is exactly what I am trying to avoid. I don't have any bumpers or winch. It's a stock sport right now. Is there any other lifts similar that won't do that?
If you perfectly level a Jeep I don't know how any lift kit can change the fact that a Jeep will squat under load. Unless you have an air suspension that self levels.

On my JK after installing the lift and all accessories plus typical around town carried gear in the back it has a one inch rake. I left it that way. With my two sons and extra gear it doesn't squat.

It's a bit of a guessing game. Purchase some one inch Teraflex spacers and start with one inch up front. I think you'll find it only needs one inch to be close to level.

Quick Reply: Will a leveling kit give me a negative rake?