Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

winch solenoid help

Old 10-06-2018, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default winch solenoid help

perplexed in dub v...
changed front bumpers over the summer. new bumper too close to grill for top mounted solenoid. decided to mount under hood. however the solenoid sat on work bench for 6 weeks before i got around to new mount. i purchased 4 gauge wire to extend all the contacts. when i finally decided to reinstall the winch it would not function. i jumped power straight to the winch motor itself in both f1 and f2 and it worked both ways. i then jumped power to the solenoid on both sides and the switches clicked each time. ive tried plugging forward backward and upside down just cant figure this one out. i even tried the original wires to make sure i made good connections with the extensions. im assuming its something simple in the wiring but i didn't change any of the internal wiring configuration. anything else to test? any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Old 10-06-2018, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My smittybilt xrc9500

inside the solonoid box there was an inline fuse....it blew on my unit and i never even knew it existed...until i went out and bought and attempted to install, a whole new solonoid....i dont know if this helps but...
Old 10-06-2018, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Sharrard
inside the solonoid box there was an inline fuse....it blew on my unit and i never even knew it existed...until i went out and bought and attempted to install, a whole new solonoid....i dont know if this helps but...
thanks mike. I def don't remember seeing a fuse in the box. Just the two switches, wiring from remote plug and a small sealed box with all wires jumped into it. Do I need to take anything out to access the fuse? 🤔

Note im not using smittybilt winch so may have different guts in the box.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a small glass fuse like the older auto type but only about half as long....i believe it was on the red lead going to the remote inside the solonoid box

Quick Reply: winch solenoid help