Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Windsheild Tint Strip -- Sunstrip

Old 09-22-2018, 09:33 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Lightbulb Windsheild Tint Strip -- Sunstrip

Anyone have experience or ideas on this? Last time I tried window tint film was decades ago -- It didn't turn out well and just looked worse over time.

Am looking at a precut SunStrip for the upper windsheild from NorthernTint. The goal is to cut down on the sun glare and reduce the heat input a little.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I had a pretty deep strip across my windshield before I had to remove it for state inspections. It was too much but a smaller strip would be nice. It cut the sun where I sit each morning with the sun directly behind the stoplight. It was less than great at night when you're close to stop lights but that's not tough to adjust. The heat input- make sure you get a ceramic film. I've got my windows done but they aren't ceramic and it makes a difference. Buy the extra protection as well. Mine has been on for 7-8 years now and it's faded to where the windows are still "tinted" and they still spec out at "acceptable" but you can see right through the window whereas it used to be more difficult to do so.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Thanks Karl, just ordered and went with the most expensive option called sputtered film. It's supposed to be have good color stability and heat rejection. Found this article Different Types of Window Film - TintCenter.com about the different types of window tint film. If it comes down to about where the sun visor does I think it will be about right for me.

Quick Reply: Windsheild Tint Strip -- Sunstrip