Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Your opinion needed! :)

Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion needed! :)

07 Jeep Wrangler JKU X

I've read on here and heard in person that the factory skids are solid and there is no need to replace them. I also know that the Oil pan needs to be protected with a skid.

My question for you is do I need something for my transmission? Just laying under the jeep it seems that it is rather exposed...

What'd yall think? I'm new to this hole off road stuff so any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Ryan-
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it it is a good idea to skid the tranny. underneath mine the tcase and gastank skid have held up fairly well, I have relocated the evap canister, swapped out the stock diff covers with riddlers and run the M.O.R.E. oil pan/tranny skid

Mountain Off-Road JKOPSP - M.O.R.E. Oil Pan & Transmission Skid Plate for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a skid row skid for mine.... Didn't swap out my covers yet tho.... I want the Rancho covers

Quick Reply: Your opinion needed! :)