Notices
Modified JL Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

392 Wrangler suspension on a Sport

Old 08-02-2023, 02:47 PM
twp
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 392 Wrangler suspension on a Sport

I know there has been threads about this, but I thought I would post about my experience. I recently purchased the full suspension for a 392 wrangler with 5 thousand miles on it. To install on our JLU Sport. I got the springs, all 8 control arms, both track bar, swaybar end links, and the Fox shocks. All the control arms had the same part # as my control arms on my JLU Sport. The front track bar was a different length so I used it, but the rear was the same part # as the Sport. The Sway bar end links where longer so I used those. And of course I used the coil springs and the shocks. I was hoping to get 1 to 1 1/2 inch of lift. Like you do putting Rubicon springs on a sport. I didn't want to much. But after it was installed I gained 3 inches of lift. The ride is just a good or maybe a little better then it was stock.
Here are some before and after pictures. I really liked the Tan top but the wife did not. Since it was her Jeep I put a black one on.

Stock before changing anything. Wife did not loke the Tan soft top.

With the new black soft top and the 392 wheels and tires, no lift yet.

With the lift installed.

With the lift installed.

Quick Reply: 392 Wrangler suspension on a Sport