Notices
Modified JL Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS question

Old 11-27-2019, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS question

hello all. I just got new bigger tires with wheels. New tpms sensors also. The sensors are not linking up with the Jeep. Is there something I need to do or do I need to go to a dealer? My JK linked up no problem.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Did you buy the proper sensors for your production year? The frequencies they transmit at had a change along the way. There is nothing you should need to do to wake them up. The jeep should recognize the sensors, assuming the proper ones, and link up. Sometimes it takes a bit longer....sometimes it's very quickly. I just installed some new ones in new wheels for my '13 and picked em up immediately. I've replaced one a while back in an old wheel and it took dang 10 miles to pick up.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:40 AM
twp
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I upgraded wheels and tires on my JL. I told the tire shop just to put new tpms sensors in. He advised against it. He said that Jeeps were kinds finicky on what would work. He advised using the factory ones. Which saved me money.

Quick Reply: TPMS question