Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

CT shop or generous members /clubs?

Old 01-07-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT shop or generous members /clubs?

Looking for CT Jeep shops or generous members in CT. I want to start with a leveling kit or BB on my 2011 Sahara with 255/70/18s. Want to move to 33s when new rubber is needed, but want to level my Jeep before then. Things could get bigger eventually so I want to start up a relationship with a club or shop.

Can anyone recommend a Jeep / 4wd shop in CT (preferably central CT)? And how about clubs?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

I know, I know, just do it yourself...I might, but I'd rather start a relationship with a shop.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

I dont know of any Jeep shops in CT. I would recommend the do it yourself route with the support of the forum(s) as well as local jeepers. This will help you understand the Jeep and learn how to work on it/fix it after wheeling! There are plenty of local CT Jeepers as well as two clubs. Northeast Jeeps and Jon Fund.

I know of a local guy in CT who does axles for an awesome price as well as some fabrication.

What part of CT are you located?

I am in Central CT, West Hartford.

Rick.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

I'm curious of this too!! I'm moving to Mystic CT from Clearwater beach FL!! FML!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gossamer
I dont know of any Jeep shops in CT. I would recommend the do it yourself route with the support of the forum(s) as well as local jeepers. This will help you understand the Jeep and learn how to work on it/fix it after wheeling! There are plenty of local CT Jeepers as well as two clubs. Northeast Jeeps and Jon Fund.

I know of a local guy in CT who does axles for an awesome price as well as some fabrication.

What part of CT are you located?

I am in Central CT, West Hartford.

Rick.
West Hartford as well...
Old 01-07-2014, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fishrising
West Hartford as well...
No kidding! I work in WH you might see me rolling around. Big Orange JKU. I work off of Farmington Ave.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fishrising
Looking for CT Jeep shop Can anyone recommend a Jeep / 4wd shop in CT (preferably central CT)? And how about clubs? Thanks!
I do all my own but we have Clayton in Danbury. One of the best! Look up their kits
Old 01-08-2014, 03:20 AM
JK Newbie

There's a new club just starting up called ECOJOCS (ecojocs.org) They are based out of the Windsor area. Great group of guys. A lot of them just starting to build their Jeeps as well.
There's a monthly club meeting this Sunday at noon. I'll find out the location and post it here.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gossamer
I dont know of any Jeep shops in CT. I would recommend the do it yourself route with the support of the forum(s) as well as local jeepers. This will help you understand the Jeep and learn how to work on it/fix it after wheeling! There are plenty of local CT Jeepers as well as two clubs. Northeast Jeeps and Jon Fund. I know of a local guy in CT who does axles for an awesome price as well as some fabrication. What part of CT are you located? I am in Central CT, West Hartford. Rick.
Rick, who does axles? I'm getting ready to upgrade my gearing and while I'm in there I want to put in a rear locker.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tiki Dave
Rick, who does axles? I'm getting ready to upgrade my gearing and while I'm in there I want to put in a rear locker.
CT Axle out of Ellington, CT. Guys name is Pete Hany, he just did my front and rear 4.88 install with lockers.

Rick

Quick Reply: CT shop or generous members /clubs?