Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Mabell Jan 2nd

Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by renpia
I use iMovie on my Mac. Simple program, gets the job done. It will take a long time to load the footage though if it's one long file. The longest file I had was like 26 minutes and it took almost 45 minutes to load up for editing.
yeah my macbook is dieing, so im trying to do the editting on my pc, and its kinda pissing me off at this point. i wish the gopro stuff had a youtube friendly export version. if all else fails, ill try loading it off my mac
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Just to keep everyone in the loop after doing some digging....apparently the legal areas to wheel in Mabell are owned by the Town of Northampton. The land included goes all the way up to a ledge climb called "Committed". Once that ledge is climbed, you must turn around. You are not supposed to go down the deep drop after the climb as you now get into boundary issues between town own land and private property. Here is a picture of the climb called "Committed".. Hopefully the next group of us that make it out that way can maybe post something so others know where the turn around spot is. It seems that the verbal agreements to allow use of the land is between the Town and various 4x4 organizations like the NEA. People not in clubs would have no way of knowing about this since there are no signs anywhere.

Thanks for the info Matt. We definitely went past that point where Judd went down that rock hill. And I agree there should be a posting. Good heads up!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

oh wow, so that wicked thing we were all looking at during lunch isnt even part of the trail? damn!

although I guess if i was the property owner and I owned that, I would so get a totaled 4x4 and just leave it flipped in there

Last edited by sneck; 01-06-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
oh wow, so that wicked thing we were all looking at during lunch isnt even part of the trail? damn!

although I guess if i was the property owner and I owned that, I would so get a totaled 4x4 and jeep leave it flipped in there
That would be funny.

Too bad though. It's like having a race car and the track next door is owned by an a**hole neighbor. And you can't ever drive there.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

I was not aware of the land limits either. I wonder why the land owners don't throw a sign up to let people know. Seems like a little communication would go a long way. The JP magazine run which was highly publicized also went all the way to the end with sll sorts of rollovers and I don't hear anyone talking about it.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MOKOS
I was not aware of the land limits either. I wonder why the land owners don't throw a sign up to let people know. Seems like a little communication would go a long way. The JP magazine run which was highly publicized also went all the way to the end with sll sorts of rollovers and I don't hear anyone talking about it.
No worries Jeff. I was not aware of the boundary either. I went there for the first time in 2010 and this run was my second time there and I didn't remember where the off limit area was. There really should be postings there so it is clear. Especially if the private land owners don't want people there, you would think.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM
JK Super Freak

well again, sorry for the sound. this time, its silent, because i didnt realize waterproof case means no noise expect for the thuds! enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYjGsz0PmHk&list=UUVCNxUNgrVZmUYtu0Ulyz8g&index=6&feature=plcp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Fa2RSQLsY&list=UUVCNxUNgrVZmUYtu0Ulyz8g&index=5&feature=plcp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMAL-7C5VY&list=UUVCNxUNgrVZmUYtu0Ulyz8g&index=3&feature=plcp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJNKC_xz1v0&list=UUVCNxUNgrVZmUYtu0Ulyz8g&index=2&feature=plcp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJgzb8_Kpco&list=UUVCNxUNgrVZmUYtu0Ulyz8g&index=1&feature=plcp now that i know how to edit, maybe next time ill make something exciting
Old 01-08-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

i like the title on the first on sneck
Old 01-08-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JdTms11
i like the title on the first on sneck
haha i love the two of them, just putzing around. i turned to my passengers and im like "huh, i think they forgot to put it in 4wd" sure enough, judd admitted later he hadnt bothered putting it in 4wd
Old 01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Nice videos sneck

Quick Reply: Mabell Jan 2nd