Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Turkey day run?

Old 11-28-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Snow sounds fun. How much more slippery can it be than mud?

Tom - 2 new driveshafts going on tomorrow then adding a bunch of armor. Saturday was blast but boy oh boy is my JK and my wallet paying for it now
Hey Greg, what better way to try out that armor and those pretty new DS than hitting the mall for a snow run?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I keep promising myself I will get fully armored before i go wheeling again.

my poor oil pan. it looks beaten. evo better hurry up and release their oil skid, or i'm just gonna get the rockhard setup.

either way, I'm pretty sure I can't handle the mall in the snow, not with slicks!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
I keep promising myself I will get fully armored before i go wheeling again.

my poor oil pan. it looks beaten. evo better hurry up and release their oil skid, or i'm just gonna get the rockhard setup.

either way, I'm pretty sure I can't handle the mall in the snow, not with slicks!
hey Sneck, checked out your YouTube channel. some nice vids.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
hey Sneck, checked out your YouTube channel. some nice vids.
Sneck, what's your channel under? Checked sneck and no luck. Got videos from Saturday?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

oh yeah, its youtube.com/themrsneck

I don't think I have many videos, just the 3 I linked earlier in this thread. One of you going over a spot judd got stuck on. I can't believe theres no videos of you guys playing on the diff killing rocks! aka all the spots i skipped!

I need to work on training my wife to shoot more videos!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh yeah I've seen that one of me. Great angle to shoot Ken's monster on the gatekeeper! How cool would an exterior windshield mounted camera be??
yeah I have a go pro on my christmas list, I'd be pretty pumped to get one. Pretty sure I would mount it on one of the frame rail posts on the rock sliders, would keep it nice and safe and give some pretty kickass videos
Old 11-28-2011, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Snow sounds fun. How much more slippery can it be than mud?

Tom - 2 new driveshafts going on tomorrow then adding a bunch of armor. Saturday was blast but boy oh boy is my JK and my wallet paying for it now
Greg it's the ice that makes it hard can't stay on your line and we know how important it is to stay on line!!
two new shafts you'll be ready in no time glad you had fun you did well out there not many places to relax and think about what's happening... it's one thing after another.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
Hey Greg, what better way to try out that armor and those pretty new DS than hitting the mall for a snow run?
Dave your starting to sound like me....don't know if that's a good thing!
Old 11-28-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck

yeah I have a go pro on my christmas list, I'd be pretty pumped to get one. Pretty sure I would mount it on one of the frame rail posts on the rock sliders, would keep it nice and safe and give some pretty kickass videos
I have a GoPro. Have so far kept it mounted inside. Jay had his mounted on his hood during our club run last Saturday. After the lunch break he moved it down low to get some better footage. Unfortunately, about 15 minutes later a voice came across the CB - my camera is gone. Jay searched for 30 minutes backtracking through mud. No luck. Note to self - attach a lanyard when externally mounting a GoPro...
Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

!!! that sucks! Where did he mount it? I can't think of any good spot to put it under the jeep, except maybe near the front shocks? I would be so pissed at myself if I lost one

Quick Reply: Turkey day run?