Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from texas

Old 02-22-2021, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from texas

Here's my build so far:
2014 Willys JK, Rough Country 4", 1.5" Spidertrax spacers, 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragias on stock wheels, 3:73s.

I have an aussie locker sitting in a box waiting to drop in the front end. Any other people running this same lift? Pros and cons? Any parts you would recommend? Looking to fab up an extension bracket to allow for my spare tire to mount. Also interested in purchasing an adjustable front track bar and steering stabilizer. Not a fan of the brake line extension brackets, but they'll do for now. Recommendations on parts moving forward?

Old 02-22-2021, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

Welcome. Nice setup you have there. 4" lift? Did you do the trackbar relocations and the caster correction?
Old 02-22-2021, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Yep 4" from rough country. Installed trackbar relocation brackets in front and back and used the supplied cam bolts in the lower control arms. Not a huge fan of their design, may upgrade to adjustable lowers in the future.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:59 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,605 Posts

Welcome to JKF. Hope all is well down south there in the Houston area. It's been a pretty rough go up north here in DFW lately.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-23-2021, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Welcome to JKF. Hope all is well down south there in the Houston area. It's been a pretty rough go up north here in DFW lately.
Good down here in Houston only had one pipe bust luckily. Was without water for 5 days and power for 2. Hope all is well up there l.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DMann18
Rough Country 4",

Any other people running this same lift? Pros and cons? Any parts you would recommend? Also interested in purchasing an adjustable front track bar and steering stabilizer. Not a fan of the brake line extension brackets, but they'll do for now. Recommendations on parts moving forward?
Welcome to the forum.

We see a LOT of posts from folks with the RC 3.5" and 4" lifts, asking for help to correct some common issues they find themselves having. If I could make a suggestion, rather than clutter up the New Member area, post your setup along with the questions you have asked down in the Modified JK Tech section. Won't take long for you to get plenty of thoughts and alternatives.

Trending Topics

Old 02-24-2021, 01:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Welcome to JKF! Houston is an awesome town. My daughter just moved from there to ABQ after finishing her PhD at Rice University, but I took quite a few trips down there to enjoy the sights and culinary delights. Such a wide variety of international restaurants. As for questions about mods to your Jeep, recommend post that in the Modified JK Tech subforum where it will be seen by more folks.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/
Old 02-24-2021, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Welcome to JKF! Houston is an awesome town. My daughter just moved from there to ABQ after finishing her PhD at Rice University, but I took quite a few trips down there to enjoy the sights and culinary delights. Such a wide variety of international restaurants. As for questions about mods to your Jeep, recommend post that in the Modified JK Tech subforum where it will be seen by more folks.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm a senior Mechanical Engineering student at UH I graduate this summer.

Quick Reply: Hello from texas