Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Just another new guy from VA

Old 01-23-2020, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Awesome, thank you much! I've got to check the finances but I think the narrows will be on their way to me soon.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Good deal. Happy I could share and benefit someone. I considered the narrows but I like the more stock-like look of the stock width. Good luck! Can't want to see how your JK looks with the narrows.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

I'll be sure to post back up when they're installed. I went narrows as I've got factory flares that are cut now and they're still a bit wider than I was looking for.

Thank you for posting the deal though, it certainly was helpful.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Here's the second rig in the garage. It's a 2014 JKU with Rancho 2" suspension. Lifted about 2.3" front and 1.3" rear. Unfortunately my wife isn't a fan of the additional ride height so returning it to stock springs with Rancho adjustable shocks. Started down the lift path because she wanted to smooth out the ride and wanted it to look a little more rugged. I was going to install a spacer leveling kit but opted for the Rancho kit based on good reviews and good value. It definitely rides smoother and she likes the stiffer, more controlled ride. Too bad it's too tall for her. I actually like the ride of the stock suspension but want some additional control of body motions and additional altitude.

Old 01-24-2020, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

That anvil looks sharp. Unfortunately the way to keep the ride quality while losing altitude is to go with smaller tires and nobody likes that route. I bounce between stock tires and 35's so I've got a set to keep the miles off the wheeling tires. It's a tough transition back to stock tires but it certainly drops the altitude quite a bit.
​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Boosthead (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

She wanted black wheels and picked these. I wasn't a huge fan of the stock tires and though a 285/70 Ko2 or Wildpeak at would be a good option for a more rugged look while maintaining good street manners. I could have skipped any lift and just upgraded shocks with this size tire. Lesson learned.

@karls10jk How does the MC lift ride? I have a Mopar kit for my JK sitting in my garage but haven't been able to install it since I'm trying to get my wife's Wrangler to a good state with the few tweaks she's asked for. Unfortunately, that's given me time to look at others and I really like what MetalCloak and Synergy are doing. Has me second guessing my purchase.

Last edited by Boosthead; 01-24-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

The Metalcloak rides right nicely, when adequatelyloaded out. With a spare on the back it's got good weight to where it smooths the ride. It's a Franken Metalcloak lift though. It's mostly their components with a few pieces from elsewhere. I'm running the Rancho 5000x's and I believe they're about due for warranty work or just replacement.....of which I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 9000x's that have adjustability from the start. It certainly doesn't collapse on the highway hitting bumps like my previous rock crawler kit did.

That being said- the Mopar kit also receives good reviews. @Rednroll was in your spot, looking for a decent kit and ended up with the Mopar and seems happy with it.

Also worth noting- I'm on 35's, load range D and only run them at 30psI. I don't consider myself heavy but I think I am right around 5k lbs on the scale.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Finally got my flares installed and I'm pretty satisfied. They tell you to give it a little push but I'd say give it more push to really fill the corners. A second set of hands would have made for a nicer end result but I'm still happy with them. Thank you again for sharing the sale!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GzE...w?usp=drivesdk

​​​​​​https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gtt...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by karls10jk; 02-08-2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Added pics
hornetman (02-10-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Those look great! @karls10jk
Old 04-12-2020, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Finished my Mopar lift, installed a magna flow cutback exhaust, and removed my spare tire. My hoped of installing a new front bumper were dashed when I found that the bumper arrived damaged.

I bought a set of used hem half doors and I hope to install them soon.

RonandJanet (04-13-2020)

Quick Reply: Just another new guy from VA