Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Looking for unlimited CLEAR rear door glass and hardtop SWAP for my PRIVACY - TINTED.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Looking for unlimited hardtop with clear windows. 2012 or newer.

Hi all,

Recently just bought a brand new 2013 Black Unlimited Rubicon. I have a hard top with factory tinted windows - privacy glass, and I am looking to:

-Swap my perfect, new hard top for one in like (2012 and newer) condition which has CLEAR windows.
or
-Purchase a relatively new (2012 and newer) hard top with clear windows.

I live in the New York tri state area and would be looking to find someone near by with a 2012 or 2013 to do the swap.

Thanks!

Last edited by 13blackunlimitedrubicon; 05-21-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 13blackunlimitedrubicon
Hi all,

Recently just bought a brand new 2013 Black Unlimited Rubicon. My problem is with the privacy-tinted windows. I have bad night vision and the tinted windows make it very difficult for me to see at night.

I was looking to swap my hard top AND rear door glass with someone who has it in clear (no tint-privacy). I know the non-upgraded "Sport" models come with the clear windows. I know everyone likes the tinted look, especially the younger bad-ass types, haha.

I live in the New York tri state area and would be looking to find someone near by with a 2012 or 2013 to do the swap.

Thanks!
If you're talking about the Hardtop Glass, Tinted is Standard in all Rear Liftgate Windows in a Makes and Models of Vehicles...Softtop is a Different Story
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
If you're talking about the Hardtop Glass, Tinted is Standard in all Rear Liftgate Windows in a Makes and Models of Vehicles...Softtop is a Different Story
Thanks for the response, although up here (New York area) I see a lot of stripped down "Sport" models with the clear glass (Hardtop Glass included). Maybe different parts of the country get different production. Every time I see one on the road by me I try to chase them down without trying to look like a stalker/psycho. The few I was able to catch were older folks who were not interested. Hpefully someone on this site is interested..
Old 05-14-2013, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the response, although up here (New York area) I see a lot of stripped down "Sport" models with the clear glass (Hardtop Glass included). Maybe different parts of the country get different production. Every time I see one on the road by me I try to chase them down without trying to look like a stalker/psycho. The few I was able to catch were older folks who were not interested. Hpefully someone on this site is interested..
Maybe it was an Aftermarket hardtop...Not mopar...The only part of the US that has a Difference in Vehicles is California ....Exports are a Different with different Bumpers, front and rear, rear fog Lights..Diesel Engines...But Mopar Parts pretty much come from the same Warehouse and Part Numbers are the same for all US models, except a few for CA...
Old 05-14-2013, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe it was an Aftermarket hardtop...Not mopar...The only part of the US that has a Difference in Vehicles is California ....Exports are a Different with different Bumpers, front and rear, rear fog Lights..Diesel Engines...But Mopar Parts pretty much come from the same Warehouse and Part Numbers are the same for all US models, except a few for CA...
Actually drove back to the dealership where I bought the Jeep. They have 2 "Sport" models on the lot with the clear windows all-around. Saw my salesman and told him what I was trying to do. He said I should of told him when I first bought it. They would of swapped it for me. I then went in to the parts department and checked prices/availability. Prices were crazy expensive….
Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 AM
JK Freak

Actually drove back to the dealership where I bought the Jeep. They have 2 "Sport" models on the lot with the clear windows all-around. Saw my salesman and told him what I was trying to do. He said I should of told him when I first bought it. They would of swapped it for me. I then went in to the parts department and checked prices/availability. Prices were crazy expensive….
Hardtops are not Standard equipment. Are your talking about soft top? A Sport prettymuch has no extras. A Hardtop is a High priced extra along with the extra options that a Hardtop adds to those extras. A rear wiper, washer, defogger etc, which adds much more cost to a Sport. Chrysler had lost their Hardtop Manufacture a short while back and a shortage on them. Cost in manfacturing too many window chioces just doesn't make business sense to them.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Hardtops are not Standard equipment. Are your talking about soft top? A Sport prettymuch has no extras. A Hardtop is a High priced extra along with the extra options that a Hardtop adds to those extras. A rear wiper, washer, defogger etc, which adds much more cost to a Sport. Chrysler had lost their Hardtop Manufacture a short while back and a shortage on them. Cost in manfacturing too many window chioces just doesn't make business sense to them.
No, definitely a hard top. They definitely make them.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I own a 2012 hardtop that i bought from a guy in houston off of a sport model unlimited. All the glass was untinted, unlike my 09 hardtop which was tinted. So, yes they are available in clear glass-just dont know why anyone would want the glass clear. I had them tinted immediatly!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 PM
JK Newbie

Don't listen to this guy I don't know what he is smoking but I want some cause he is very very off with many of these claims. It is very common to see all clear window hardtops for 2 and 4 doors. All sport models (not sport s) came with clear windows, EVERYWHERE even here in ny and California.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 05-22-2013, 01:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Farnham

Don't listen to this guy I don't know what he is smoking but I want some cause he is very very off with many of these claims. It is very common to see all clear window hardtops for 2 and 4 doors. All sport models (not sport s) came with clear windows, EVERYWHERE even here in ny and California.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
I've seen them with clear windows here in alabama also

Quick Reply: Looking for unlimited CLEAR rear door glass and hardtop SWAP for my PRIVACY - TINTED.