Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

MONTANA JK... NEW (long story)

Old 08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default MONTANA JK... NEW (long story)

It has been a long standing family traditon to have a jeep around... I had an 84 xj lifted 4.5 inches... 217,000 miles on it before it went to E-BAY. My kids grew up loving that jeep< 32X 10.5 Super Swampers, ARB in rear end, REP 8000 winch on an arb bull bumper. SAFARI roof rack. It had lots of dents and bad paint. Some of you might have remembered in the old 4 Wheel Drive and sport utiliy mag. when they built thier first xj up... I WON the auction on the 4.0, TRANSMISSION, TRANY, DRIVE SHAFTS, REAR END, ALL the things tossed aside in the build up. (2200 BUCKS!)Put together a great jeep for me! But I Had to sell it to pay bills while unemployed about 5 years ago.

That was 5 years ago... and now I have a Jeep again.

14 Year old daughter pushed me over the edge. She has been fighting cancer since Dec. 08... I was running out of lease miles on my car< and asked her what she wanted for our next car.... "A SOFT TOP JEEP"...

So here I am again ...building and buying things for a Jeep....found an 07 with 9,000 miles on it... swaped out of the lease for what seems to be a great Jeep. We took it through YELLOWSTONE/ TETONS on our way back down to Denver, where we are just next week finishing up her treatments and heading back to MT.

It feels good to be in a Jeep again. She loved backpacking and hiking, a large tumor in her leg destroyed her ability to hike for a while, so the JEEP was the only way to get her back up into the mountains that she loves!

Her big sister jst graduated and bought a JEEP LIBERTY (which she wants to lift)...
Her big brother serving in IRAQ just bought a 99 XJ... BOXES COME ALL THE TIME with gears< lift kits<arb... SO we will all be back in JEEPS again!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome
Old 08-23-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Great story!

Congrats on the new jeep as well!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Christiana, Tennessee, United States, United States

congrats on the jeep, Best wishes for your daughter
Old 08-23-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to JK-Forum and glad your back in a jeep. I hope your kiddo finishes a complete and permanent recovery.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah, any piece of sunshine you can give to your daughter will help her with the recovery. We will keep our fingers crossed for you. Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
It has been a long standing family traditon to have a jeep around... I had an 84 xj lifted 4.5 inches... 217,000 miles on it before it went to E-BAY. My kids grew up loving that jeep< 32X 10.5 Super Swampers, ARB in rear end, REP 8000 winch on an arb bull bumper. SAFARI roof rack. It had lots of dents and bad paint. Some of you might have remembered in the old 4 Wheel Drive and sport utiliy mag. when they built thier first xj up... I WON the auction on the 4.0, TRANSMISSION, TRANY, DRIVE SHAFTS, REAR END, ALL the things tossed aside in the build up. (2200 BUCKS!)Put together a great jeep for me! But I Had to sell it to pay bills while unemployed about 5 years ago.

That was 5 years ago... and now I have a Jeep again.

14 Year old daughter pushed me over the edge. She has been fighting cancer since Dec. 08... I was running out of lease miles on my car< and asked her what she wanted for our next car.... "A SOFT TOP JEEP"...

So here I am again ...building and buying things for a Jeep....found an 07 with 9,000 miles on it... swaped out of the lease for what seems to be a great Jeep. We took it through YELLOWSTONE/ TETONS on our way back down to Denver, where we are just next week finishing up her treatments and heading back to MT.

It feels good to be in a Jeep again. She loved backpacking and hiking, a large tumor in her leg destroyed her ability to hike for a while, so the JEEP was the only way to get her back up into the mountains that she loves!

Her big sister jst graduated and bought a JEEP LIBERTY (which she wants to lift)...
Her big brother serving in IRAQ just bought a 99 XJ... BOXES COME ALL THE TIME with gears< lift kits<arb... SO we will all be back in JEEPS again!

Welcome Back to the Jeep community!

Let me know if you need backup on the trails sometime or if you need a hand wrenching on something. I'm just up the road near Molt. Small world.

...and you're right, God's area code IS 406.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi

Welcome to JK-Forum! Best of luck to your daughter and her recovery!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site. Awesome story!

Quick Reply: MONTANA JK... NEW (long story)