Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New England Newbie...

Old 03-18-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New England Newbie...

Hello to all...

Well here we go, I've been reading the forum for a month or so now and getting an unbelievable amount of useful info for my first Wrangler purchase.

Actually, reading from after my little one goes to bed till well... I can't keep my eyes open any longer, usually the wee hours of the morning. Wife laughs but gets it and knows that we are doing our best to make the right purchase.

After careful consideration it's TIME to order our new Rubi Unlimited so need to start asking specific questions which brings me here to finally registering and our first post. Going to have to order it as we want our Rubi pretty much with all the goodies and nobody has one the way we want it on the lot. NP, we are patient... sure, I say that now. Once I sign and give the deposit the wait begins.

About to order... 08' Rubi Unlimited, silver, power package, side bags, mygig, autostart, okay everything but the smokers package... question is with the hardtop leak issues do we get just the factory soft top and go with an aftermarket hardtop with less issues (pretty much the question we need answered, does such a thing exist? i.e. Bestop two piece w/o upper doors) or just bite the bullet and get the dual top group.

Would love to hear what people have heard or think.

Is it in the driveway yet!?!?!?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I have an 07 unlimited and I guess I'm lucky so far as I got the dual top and have never had a leak. Well once when I didn't put the front peices on correctly. I love the Jeep and it's the first I have ever bought. I wish I bought the rubi but they were not willing to give me anything good for it or even close to invoice. (I wanted the lockers)

Anyways at the time if I got the tow package I got my 4.10 gears so that is what I did. Since then I've been slowly adding to the jeep. Winch, stubby bumper, rims and new tires, lift, etc...

So welcome and go to the new england section and join in on the chatter.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Good decision....and welcome to the party....
Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

thanks RuBob for the search, seems like you really had to twist your own arm to do it ... Not too concerned with the travel. It would be worth it for sure... Not sure how well i'd deal with the wait if we don't find one on the lot the way we want it. Going to jump on to inventory search now.

Quick Reply: New England Newbie...