Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New Member NE Florida. Loving my new Jeep!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member NE Florida. Loving my new Jeep!

Wsup everyone? I've been lurking for a few weeks and thought I'd poke in and finally introduce myself. I've been wanting a Jeep for a while now and finally scooped up a new 2012 Unlimited Sport. Its going to be deployed mainly for Urban and beach duty with the occasional trail run for fun while doubling as a Bug out vehicle. Currently in stock configuration. We left the stealership around 1630ish and immediately went for a celebratory cocktail and watch a beautiful sunset with the freedom tops off. I must say that I love it so far. Plans are wheels/tires and tint for now. I'm going to be doing some research before on any future mods. Are there any free or cheap mods that I don't know of? Anyway, I hope to be around here often and look forward to meeting everyone. Here's some pics from earlier. Cheers! ATC

Last edited by AirTrafficControl; 09-06-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FireTrail741
Welcome! I live in Miami Beach but my GF lives in Flemming Island. We were in Amelia Island a couple of weeks ago at the beach. This past weekend we went to Ponta Vedra. We spent part of Sunday driving thru the trails in the Osceola Forest. Next time I am up I will hit you up. I am up there all of the time. Let me know if you need any help or advise with any parts etc.

Tony

Thanks bro. I can already see this thing getting modded out. I almost took a job at Miami Center a few years ago. I like Miami but my family is up here. I'm gonna check out Osceola soon. Good stuff
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FireTrail741
What are you going to do for wheels and tires?
Not quite sure yet. Im not planning on doing much off road stuff other than the occasional trail. I like the KMC Rockstar 20's with the lower profile Kumho. IDK man. This is my first Wrangler so I'm kinda over whelmed right now with all the options. I don't really want to go anything bigger than 2-3" lift. I like the look off the Jeep with huge lifts etc. I just don't see myself doing anything to justify spending a shit ton of dough for ground clearance.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Hey man, where are ya? I live in Jacksonville and work in St Augustine. I just got a 2012 2dr and love it as well. Ive had a 97 and an 05 before though, so not my first. Its exciting to see someone so close getting in on the action.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ChazasaurusRex
Hey man, where are ya? I live in Jacksonville and work in St Augustine. I just got a 2012 2dr and love it as well. Ive had a 97 and an 05 before though, so not my first. Its exciting to see someone so close getting in on the action.
Nice. I'm in Fernandina Beach.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AirTrafficControl
Nice. I'm in Fernandina Beach.
Awesome, I was born there. Small world.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the forum and Jeep. waited a while for mine also and now wonder why. Nice looking ride, very nice. Cheap mods check our the fabrication sub forum I have seen some really nice do it yourself ideas posted there. Check it out and again welcaome to the addiction!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

From a noob to another.. Welcome to the club.. I live on the west side of Jax.. I'm in the same boat. I have a daily driver that hits the beach and occasional trail.. Nothing too crazy... Yet?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am here in Jacksonville, if you ever wanna hit some trails I would love to tag along.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=AirTrafficControl;2516749]Wsup everyone? I've been lurking for a few weeks and thought I'd poke in and finally introduce myself. I've been wanting a Jeep for a while now and finally scooped up a new 2012 Unlimited Sport. Its going to be deployed mainly for Urban and beach duty with the occasional trail run for fun while doubling as a Bug out vehicle. Currently in stock configuration. We left the stealership around 1630ish and immediately went for a celebratory cocktail and watch a beautiful sunset with the freedom tops off. I must say that I love it so far. Plans are wheels/tires and tint for now. I'm going to be doing some research before on any future mods. Are there any free or cheap mods that I don't know of? Anyway, I hope to be around here often and look forward to meeting everyone. Here's some pics from earlier. Cheers! ATC

I know this place...I can't wait to move back

Quick Reply: New Member NE Florida. Loving my new Jeep!