Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

new from Missouri

Old 01-25-2021, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default new from Missouri

Been lurking for awhile.

Finally located a jeep Wrangler that fit my wants: 2DR Rubicon 6spd modified already the way I would have liked to do it, but cheaper! It has some silly aftermarket latches that I need to replace, and it needs cleaned up a little but its in great shape. I've got a lot to learn. Be going over the suspension and checking torque spec's and making sure everything is greased and in good order before the weather gets nice and I start wheeling any.

I mainly do a lot of fly fishing and floating.

2012 56k miles

Part
Rigid light pods front 262113
Rigid light Pods rear 212113
Rigid Light bar 25080
Front Bumper VKS
Rear Bumper LOD
Warn Zeon 10-s Winch
Winch Cover
Raceline Monster Wheels
Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.5x17
Yukon 4.88 gears
ARB dual air compressor
Rock Krawler 3.5" Max Travel Mid Arm Lift Kit
Fox Shocks Adventure Series
Fox steering stabilizer
Front Axle Armor kit Artec Industries JK4410
Rear Axle Truss Artec JK4420
SPOD switch bank
Tom Woods front driveshaft
Superchips tuner
K&N air filter
JW Speaker headlights
CMM grab handles with mirrors
Grip handles
Trail armor vent scoop
High Lift X-Treme jack
Poison Spider diff covers
Black hood vinyl
Synergy Drag Link / Tie Rod
Bestop traktop NX

Last edited by angrychair; 02-01-2021 at 01:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by angrychair:
doc5339 (01-26-2021), Jay2013jk (01-26-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Oh come on now, you can't post all that and withhold what you ponied up for it! Honestly, it does seem like a lot of good mods, and be thankful it's been regeared cuz you seem to live in a really expensive part of the states for that! Thank you for taking the time to join the forum. There's a lot of great info here to research. One day I hope to make it up to SMORR, but it seems to be just outside my striking distance from the DFW area.

I think you forgot to list the Drake hood latches!
Old 01-25-2021, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Oh come on now, you can't post all that and withhold what you ponied up for it! Honestly, it does seem like a lot of good mods, and be thankful it's been regeared cuz you seem to live in a really expensive part of the states for that! Thank you for taking the time to join the forum. There's a lot of great info here to research. One day I hope to make it up to SMORR, but it seems to be just outside my striking distance from the DFW area.

I think you forgot to list the Drake hood latches!
Haha, I paid $25k from a small dealership, no bs snake oil, just good old fashion used car lot. Which was right at the top of what I wanted to pay but the grocery list of mods made it acceptable, and I wasn't sure what brand the latches were but one will no longer lock/unlock. So looking for replacements. Only some of the upgrades were in the listing, I had to figure out the rest.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

for a 3.6L with those mods that you might value, not too bad at all IMO. There are knock off versions of the drakes that I know rust bad and are under half the cost. I've got the original non-locking Drakes that are 6 years old and in mint condition still. I've never had the locking kind so can't speak to that mechanism per se.

Last edited by resharp001; 01-26-2021 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

for a 3.6L with those mods that you might value, not too bad at all IMO. There are knock off versions of the drakes that I know rust bad and are under half the cost. I've got the original non-locking Drakes that are 6 years old and in mind condition still. I've never had the locking kind so can't speak to that mechanism per se.
​​​​​​Is there a replacement non locking pin part out there?
Old 01-25-2021, 10:06 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-26-2021, 05:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by angrychair
​​​​​​Is there a replacement non locking pin part out there?
You might reach out directly to Drake and see if they'd sell you a couple replacement pins. There is a chance that might not be economical though. idk. Do these look exactly like what is on there? I'm guessing those are actually Drakes you have, but they could be knock offs. I'm just going by that one picture of your jeep at a distance.

https://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com...r-jp-190001-lk
Old 01-26-2021, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

You might reach out directly to Drake and see if they'd sell you a couple replacement pins. There is a chance that might not be economical though. idk. Do these look exactly like what is on there? I'm guessing those are actually Drakes you have, but they could be knock offs. I'm just going by that one picture of your jeep at a distance.

https://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com...r-jp-190001-lk

Yes I would agree they 100% match that. I read somewhere else that someone reached out to drake for the same issue with the locking ones and they said to buy the whole kit no parts available.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

have you tried hitting the lock with a little fluid film?
Old 01-26-2021, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

have you tried hitting the lock with a little fluid film?
Sadly yes, I have lubed it, taken it off the vehicle and played and played with it, it will not longer latch in the locked position, just returns to the pushed out unlocked position. It moves freely, but the catch for the lock is no longer there. going to check out Lowe's for hitch pins that fit. Otherwise putting stock JK ones back in it that I was offered from a friend for free locally.

Quick Reply: new from Missouri