Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

SC Newbie

Old 06-07-2019, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC Newbie

Hey y'all! I've wanted a Jeep since I was in college and many years later I finally have one. I'm absolutely in love❤️. I've had my 2018 JK for almost a year and I don't think I'll ever own any other vehicle. I even named him Bruce😂

I have a bit of a problem though. I had the doors off and it open for weeks with no problem. Then when I was in the gym yesterday it was like a hurricane outside. I had the top up but the doors and windows were still off. Needless to say when I came out I had at least 3 inches of water on the driver and passenger floor. 😖 I pulled the plugs and put the doors and windows on when I got home. The problem is it's going to rain / thunderstorm constantly for the next 6 days. We have been in an extreme drought so yay for rain boo for Bruce. It is already smelling like mildew not even 24 hours later because it's extremely humid here. We don't have a garage or anywhere where we could keep it covered and let it dry out. I figured I'll have to rip out the carpet but I didn't know if there was anything I could do to to help until then. Any advice would be appreciated. Here's a couple pics

of Bruce. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
The following users liked this post:
speedlimit (06-08-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 04:45 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Welcome!

Thank you for the intro and pics! I'm sure someone will be along that has dealt with the same 'damp' problem.

Bob
MrsMoose (06-08-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 08:11 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

You will probably need to pull the carpet... if it is humid at all... it will be hard to dry out. You can use a fan as well... but I would pull it all. You need a really strong shop vac. to suck the water out of your seats too.. unless you have neoprene covers. The stock seats are not water proof, they too will mold and stink. If it already stinks... you should pressure wash the carpet when it is out and then hang it to dry. Long term if you go topless a lot... I would linex the floors and get rid of the problem. There is also a company called bedrug... that make a mildew resistant floor covering you could look into. Sorry to have it happen to you... the dash is not water proof either... so in the wrong storm you could see gauges and such not work. If it is just carpet... you can clean it and get rid of the smell...
Old 06-10-2019, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Sunnysideup! So the dealership straight lied to me then🤬 They told me the seats and everything was waterproof. Ugh.... Ok looks like I'll be pulling the carpet and lining it. I also found some rust on the seat adjustments. I was trying to lower my seat and it was stuck. The hubs found that it was rusting on the gears. I thought that was probably because of the salt air too 😒😒
Old 06-11-2019, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Neoprene seats help a lot... or a cheap bikini top to throw over it in a light rain works... but they are not waterproof... you were lied to, or the dealer just didn't know squat.
The following users liked this post:
MrsMoose (06-12-2019)

Quick Reply: SC Newbie