Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Synergy track bar brace compressed track bar bracket

Old 09-07-2020, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy track bar brace compressed track bar bracket

I have the full stage 4 Synergy lift kit 3”. Trying to install a synergy track bar brace and sector shaft brace. After fiddling with fitment, I was able to torque everything down, but when I went to re-install the track bar, the bracket is no longer wide enough to fit the track bar in. The track bar bracket gap is 39.3mm and the Synergy track bar is ~41mm. Besides giving up and removing the brace, any suggestions on how to spread apart the track bar brace so the track bar will fit back inside? I’ve tried slowly jacking the track bar into the bracket, but it looks like it is tearing the rubber bushing. As I’m jacking, I’m lifting the entire Jeep body up.

Gap between track bar brace and track bar bracket

It’s no longer a slip fit, and its damaging the rubber bushing
Old 09-07-2020, 11:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,598 Posts

You can take a big crescent wrench, open it just enough to get one side of the bracket in there, and use that as leverage to bend it out a bit. Really it looks like the factory bracket is the issue and not the brace, but that would suck to remove all that just to bend the factory bracket. I'd probably try to bed the entire thing just enough to get the joint in. It will compress again once the bolt and nut are torqued down again.

Along the lines of this -

Last edited by resharp001; 09-07-2020 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

That sounds like an excellent suggestion. Since I have to drive the Jeep this week, I took off the brace, I’ll try that technique next weekend. The
moment I took off the brace, the track bar slipped right back in, so It’s squeezing it just that little bit.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:35 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Since the synergy bracket seems to be making the factory one compress, try installing it with the TB in the factory mount already but obviously with no bolt. Guessing you might have to smack that on with a dead blow hammer probably. That's going to suck if you have to ever remove that TB. I've had that TB brace for years and mine has never done that to my factory bracket that I recall.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

That may be possible... there are a couple bolts that fit up inside the bracket that hold the new brace to the track bar mount that will be blocked by having the track bar in the bracket. Preventing me from tightening them down.
Another thing I was thinking of would be to turn down a steel spacer that keeps the bracket from collapsing down, but I kinda run into the same issue of being able to pop out the spacer after shoving in the track bar.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I had some difficulty getting mine in after installing my bracket, if I remember correctly, I think I used a large drift punch and a hammer to beat the edges of the factory bracket out a bit and then beat the track bar in there with a wooden block and a baby sledge (didn't own a dead blow at the time).

Quick Reply: Synergy track bar brace compressed track bar bracket